induction kit fitting

diddy

i was measuring up to buy my new indutin kit and samco tubing, i knowtised there is a pipe attatched to the lid of the standard air box that bi passes the filter what is it for n do i need to find a home for it when fitting the new kit?

cheers guys n gals

I will get a pic of my induction kit tomorrow for you, my filter is a Halfords inclosed cone filter and i will show you what ive done with that oil breather pipe, if you leave it disconected you will get a horid oil smell in the car which is not nice!

Will get pics tomorrow for you biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

cheers will help a load, thought i might have had to get a really expensive silicone tube with an adaption for the breather

All depend on whick tit you get, if you get one designed for the lupo/arosa they do have a join for the breather hose but i didnt bother as mine is universal smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

All depend on whick tit you get

I take it that was an innocent typo! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

getting a ram air universal filter, then tubing it from the filter box in samco tubing, so i will jus put a t piece in for the breather pipe.

just out of curiosity is this breather pipe thing thats covering my throttle body in crap?

getting a ram air universal filter,

as in ram air style or indeed the genuine brand name ram air? what is it max flow or a similar name?

just out of curiosity is this breather pipe thing thats covering my throttle body in crap?

yep thats the bast@rd laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

wayne

no the brand name ramair, the carbonmax inline filter, very similar to the BMC CDA kit, ust a lot cheaper at the moment due to there sale, lol

so what can i do with this bast**d pipe then? cos i'd prefer not to put it back in lol

Edited by diddy

Here is how my air filter is plumed in:

Induction001.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

This next pic is of the breather pipe, ive just put it back into the filter so you dont get that horid oil smell when driving!

Induction002.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

This is only tempury as ive got a oil catch tank to fit when i get round to doing it Induction003.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Only other thing i need to do is fit a cold air feed!

Edited by VWR Lupo

best thing t do is get a smaller breather filter and put it into the existing pipe, cost u about 6 quid for the breather

btw vwr what you done t your sport to get 117bhp?

Edited by scotty

btw vwr what you done t your sport to get 117bhp?

Powerflow cat back exhaust, my induction kit and a AMD chip + reguar servicing with quality oil and my lupo has now got 78k on the clock so its well run in swerve.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":swerve:" border="0" alt="swerve.gif" />

where can you get the AMD chip from?

It isn't a chip.

You could have it remapped, and as the name of it "AMD" suggests - you would purchase the remap at AMD.

Edited by nfbr

No its not.

The best thing to do would be fit an oil catch tank.

A breather filter still gets covered in oil and still smells.

Thats correct, fit the breather pipe to catch tank then another pipe from catch tank into the air filter (between airfilter and throttle body)

I take it that was an innocent typo! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yes blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />