Lupo Sport vs Lupo s

Tigz™

Shameless plug now: why spend £150-£175 per rim when I've got 4 with tyres for sale for £150ish coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Please dont remind me about your wheels laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , ive just spent £210 getting 4 new tyres and refurbing one alloy, so i wish id have bought yours now, and i still have 3 rims that are slightly curbed, but nothing too bad.

lol well thats just VW mugging its customers...again isn't it really! They should be about the same weight I'd say if they are cast at a high pressure.

Remember mercedes-benz brought out the smart car and they advertised the alloy wheels as helping the environment because of them being lighter.

NOCK

No i dont remember that, but is that why Vauxhall is now making those wheels they give a fancy name to which are actaully just a steel wheel the same shape as the wheel trim so it looks like an alloy, which from memory ford sierras had in the early 90s, so they are lighter, or just again for cheapness.

what 14" steel wheel are you using? i want to step it up a notch from my 13's hahaha

Well when i ordered it i was trying to convince the stealer that later basic arosas came with 14" steel wheels, but he wasnt having it, so i ended up with an ibiza steel, which is probably the same anyway. Its the same size tyres as my alloys (185/55/14)

Chris

Edited by cardaft

im gonna say its the wheels, fogs ,exhaust and mirrors aswell but worth the weight laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

the question is why is why is the 1.4 lupo 20kg heavier than my arosa? is it just the 16v lump? (mine 959kg)

for information sake the standard fit seat arosa alloys that myself, cardaft and the ones arosa03 has for sale wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> are made by RONAL the same people who make the Ronal turbos and yes they are reasonably heavy for what they are as my 7x15 Fondmetal wheels are lighter than them smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wayne

the question is why is why is the 1.4 lupo 20kg heavier than my arosa? is it just the 16v lump? (mine 959kg)

for information sake the standard fit seat arosa alloys that myself, cardaft and the ones arosa03 has for sale wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> are made by RONAL the same people who make the Ronal turbos and yes they are reasonably heavy for what they are as my 7x15 Fondmetal wheels are lighter than them smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wayne

Must just the the 16v lump yeah.

Yeah i noticed that they were RONALS when i was having tyres fitted, it says on the inside rim, ive since found that it says in the hub of the wheel after i cleaned the insides wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

My Arosa TDi weights 965 and the lupo sport TDi weights 1057 huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> according to the brochure, big difference confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Chris

My Arosa TDi weights 965 and the lupo sport TDi weights 1057 huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> according to the brochure, big difference confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

thats the odd thing as we got :-

remote locking- which they didnt

Pollen Filter setup- which they didnt

and a number of other things which i cant currently remember the lupos just got trivial things like liners but thats a big weight difference

wayne

Yeah i know we got more kit on the arosa, although lupos have a bit more sound insulation, also my arosa doesnt have a passenger air bag and no front fogs like the lupo TDi.

But the weight loss gives the arosa TDi a 0.2 second quicker 0-60 time biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> huge difference rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Also while were on differences, the arosa is 24mm longer than the lupo wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Chris