Help and Advice please

Mikey_M

Hi

I own a Lupo and my girlfriend either wants a Lupo or an Arosa. We have see an Arosa on the AutoTrader advertised for £800. It is a 1998 1.4 MPI with 103,000! Miles. Spoke to the person yesterday and asked about the high mileage and was advised that they are the second owners of the car. They bought the car off a Garage in 2001 by which time the car had only done 11,000 miles and was used as a test drive vehicle???

To me this started the alarm bells as it didnt add up? So in 5 years they had done 92,000 miles? My thoughts are that the car must have done more then 11,000 when with the garage and was it used as a courtesy car etc?????? I have just recently bought a 1999 Lupo that has been modified with only 54,000 miles for £1800.

Please could you let me know your thoughts on the mileage and price etc.

Many thanks

Mike

You could ask to see all the paper work - MOTs ect have the milage on, it could be that they just did a lot of miles.... For example if I keep going at the rate I am now, I'll have added 70k to my car in 5 years (crikey thats alot blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ).

Price sounds low, but i guess its about right for something with so many miles?

Edited by lunalupi

i used to own a 6n polo that i bought with 11k miles on the clock, and sold it exactly 5 years to the day with 92k miles on it, so its possible!

the rate i'm going at, my car will be on around 92,000 miles in 3 years time! i bought it in sept 04 with 7.5k on it, now has 49k on it! 41k in just over 2 years!!!

I understand it is possible to rack up the mileage but how many more miles could it be expected to do without any major problems? Its a 1998 with 103,000 miles now so would this do another 50,000 miles without probs?

Edited by Mikey_M

Ive done 9K in just five months, at this rate by the time im finished uni my TDi will have 85K on it, but thats nothing for a diesel, should do triple that smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah it should be capable of that, should reach 200K really, although it all depends on how often its been serviced in the past and how often you would service it.

You shouldnt really have any problems with the engine if its been looked after. Athough other things start to go on higher mileage cars, wheel bearings, shockers, clutch etc. So try to check things like that.

Chris

Edited by cardaft