PIONEER DEH-30MP

anybody know? had this problem with this unit or a similar one??? ive looked through the manual endless times and still, all the radio stations disappear when i turn the unit off and back on again???

NOCK

yellow and red wires on the back, one with a Y-splitter on it, change it around so both red and yellow come off the one smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

job done!

on the wireing harness from the headunit, there's already a wire there

theoretically, there should be power anyway, but I've found that sometimes it doesn't quite work like that, so I always connect both to fixed live smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

k thanks, so red and yellow together, then go to where?????

an where can i get a splitter from?????????

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

on the radio loom, there is a red and a yellow wire

on the car loom, there is a red and a yellow wire

from the car loom, connect the red wire to the yellow wire on the radio loom

from the car loom, connect the yellow wire to the red wire on the radio loom

ok so how do i do that? what do i use to connect them??? more wire? or do i swap a set around on one of the harnesses using a screwdriver somehow or what???

thanks for your help

NOCK

thankyou! i am confused though because i did it for the 'remote central locking ONLY' way, on my key entry car an it works!!!!?????!!!!!!!??????

NOCK

Yep I did it the remote central locking way even though I only have key entry.

I think the difference between remote and key only entry has something to do with the switch in the ignition barrel, though i dont know exactly how this affects the radio wiring

I think the difference between remote and key only entry has something to do with the switch in the ignition barrel, though i dont know exactly how this affects the radio wiring

It doesnt make a difference. i was just going off how the aftermarket wiring looms are made up.

Unfortunately i can't edit my post in the how to section so i wont be changing it

kool thats a shame you cant edit it mate but thanks a lot for puttin it there in the first place! it was really helpful for me and probably lots of other people also.

NOCK

kool thats a shame you cant edit it mate but thanks a lot for puttin it there in the first place! it was really helpful for me and probably lots of other people also.

NOCK

No problem. sorry if the lack of an edit made for some confusion smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

It doesnt make a difference. i was just going off how the aftermarket wiring looms are made up.

Unfortunately i can't edit my post in the how to section so i wont be changing it

I thought it didnt matter to the radio wiring, C/L or key. But on C/L models if you press the ingition barrell the interior light comes on, whereas on key only it doesnt.

it wont let me edit the post due to my lack of priviledges

Surely seems as you are one of the main contributors in the 'how to' section you should be allowed to post there huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> . Have to be nicer to the mods nfbr wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I thought it didnt matter to the radio wiring, C/L or key. But on C/L models if you press the ingition barrell the interior light comes on, whereas on key only it doesnt.

Surely seems as you are one of the main contributors in the 'how to' section you should be allowed to post there huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> . Have to be nicer to the mods nfbr wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well i was thinking of asking if i could be made a mod for the how to section, and the events section, but i dont think the admin team would want me to be...