Lowering Springs

Verbal

I`m thinking of lowering my car about 30mm, but i don`t want the ride to be sports hard. Its still an everyday car so i want it to be forgiving, but a little lower.

The car is the 1.4TDi. I`m not wanting to go the extra expence of coil overs or anything, just a set of lower springs, which are not too hard, are there any ?

Ask anyone and they'll tell you anything less than 60mm is a waste of time. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ask anyone and they'll tell you anything less than 60mm is a waste of time. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I definately can`t go that low, as i work at a farm and have a half mile drive along a farm track to get to my sheds. I would have to sort the potholes every other day if I went that low. My boss has just bought a Toyota Supra, which is lowered (don`t know how much) and he about took the bottom off the thing trying to get to the sheds biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Needless to say, he has been back driving his truck into work biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

So will 30mm not look lowered ? I only want the wheels to sit a bit closer, not tucked under the arch. I`m using the standard wheels and won`t be going for anything larger or aftermarket.

Eibach seem to be the most expensive out of the makes on the site you posted above Jon. Are they worth the extra ?

All the makes seem to be around £80-£90 apart from the Eibach which are £60-£70 more. As I said, I`m not rallying the car for the ride through the bends has not to be the best, but better than stock. I`m more interested in not sacrificing comfort for performance.

My brother-in-law has a s-plate Toyota Starlet, dropped about 50-60mm and its a solid, backbreaking ride. Its like glue in the corners, but I`d never consider having an everyday car sitting that hard, its just brutal.

So back to the original question, do any of the brands let you lower it about 30mm and still allow for a comfortable ride, I don`t want the kids to start the journey home with a cup of milk and finish with some sort of butter substance biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If you go on pure recomendations then yes the eibachs are worth the extra i have never heard one manufacturer recomended so much and if you dont want to drastically lower the car or have race/rally car handling then they fit the bill whether they are worth the cash is your choice though ?

wayne

Eibach really are highly recommended, so much so that they are really the only brand I'm considering. They aren't too low and maintain good ride quality, which is exactly what I'm after. I guess you get what you pay for though!

Jon

I might just save up for the eibach shocks then. My brother-in-law is running PI springs, and as I said, they are just brutal, so I`d not recomend them biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />