Bloody brake disks

seanmooney17

surely this is impossible confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> even if you werent wearing them in oproperly you cant be doing them in that fast surely ? ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

wayne

like someone on the site told me one other time about holding the brakes at traffic lights instead of using the hand brake and also hitting puddles, and ive been very carefull not to any of that. I've got vented disks and i'm seriously thinking of going for drilled and groved disks. Iknow its gonna eat the bloody pads but, like the having to buy disks and pads every time is too costly.

I have also tried not holding the brakes on at junctions etc but they still distorted. however on a long drive, about 200 motorway miles without a stop, when i pressed the brake to slow they were vibrating like mad, so im putting mine down to a bent hub which keeps one part of the disc in contact with the pads and therefore distorts it.

Chris

sur the hubs have nothing to do with the disks. Did you clip a kerb or anything, or buckled a wheel??

No ive not hit anything. When its replacement engine was fitted under waranty, i picked it up and the f/o/s wheel bearing had gone, so they replaced it, and ever since that its been going through brake discs every few months, so i think they have either bent something or something isnt fitted correctly.

I need to get it sorted as the drakes are done in again.

Chris

Well from the same wheel there is sometimes a intermittent squeal from that wheel (not when braking), which i thought was the pads rubbing the disc constantly, and also sometimes when slowing down slowly there is a knocking from that wheel which seems to be brake related as well.

Chris

i have to get it looked at after x-mass. I might look about up grading calipers, disks pads, the whole bloody lot.

Na mine is vented. It came with vented disks when i bought it.

Thats odd i wonder why they wernt on the mk2 then, lupos have vented discs i know

Chris

we still havent solved why yours seems the only 1.0 arosa with vented discs confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

heres an idea take the discs off and swap sides see if that makes any difference? i have never apart from cardaft wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> heard about anyone getting through discs in such a short time i know many lads who drive tuned minis runing on standard 8.4 solid discs and they last well over a year with hard driving with just pad changes i dont get what either of you could be doing wrong huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

wayne

we still havent solved why yours seems the only 1.0 arosa with vented discs confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

heres an idea take the discs off and swap sides see if that makes any difference? i have never apart from cardaft wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> i dont get what either of you could be doing wrong huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

wayne

I wish i knew, mine are soo bad at the moment, braking from anything above 40 and the brake pedal and steering wheel just vibrate, surely thats not good for steering bushes etc?

Chris

lol this thread makes me chuckle! drilled discs can crack but your looking at supercars and track cars mainly, just go for some grooved disks. and matching pads from the same brand is alway advisable for matched friction. maybe its just the combination of disks and pads you two are using. what brands are you using??? wheel bearings drone when there ****ed but can squeak and squeel if there wearing out. if its droning youve cracked a ball bearing or two.

• Like 2

I think mine has motorquip discs and i think the pads are the same, i dont think the problem is the cheap brakes though as the originals warped after my wheel bearing was changed.

It is soo bad now though, even at slow speed the cars slows in a series or jerks and at about 40 the vibration through the pedal and wheel is really bad.

Chris

well lads i ran up the crowd that i got the disks off the last time and they are sending me out a new set free of charge biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> getting them fitted in the new year. hopefully they wont do it again.

I have dont that on the last set of discs, they were set away for testing and came back that they were faulty, but the new set has done it again so i think its the car.

Just have to go easier on the brakes for the time being.

Chris