WIRING AN AMP TO THE BATTERY

NOCK

aight,

ive got an amplifier, an i wanna stick it in the boot of my lupo 1.4 (battery in engine bay as u all know) an i woz wondering what the best route is for connecting the power cables to the battery is. I really badly do not wanna have to drill holes, or bolt things to the car, but if i absoultely have to, i will. please help me even though i know this question is lame, as evry1 probably knows the answer except me lol.

thanx a lot,

NOCK

There is a rubber gromet at the back of the engine bay where all the wires go through - poke it through there and it appears somewhere behind the dash.

Then just back through the car to the boot

cheers mate much much much appreciated, any tips on runnin it from the passenger footwell to my boot, without it being seen? I am a real amateur lol

NOCK

I lifted up the trim under the doors and sent mine down there, then up the trim at the sides, where it appeared in a corner of the boot.

Then the audio cables down the other side.

(on a side note, try using proper english - although your second post was a lot better than the first wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> )

Edited by lunalupi

Aight cheers, why do you want me to type in proper english? Takes too long lol. Do i need to fit a fuse, even though the amplifier has its' own? More confused than ever now about that, thanks for your help though everyone.

NOCK

Yes you must fit a fuse.

The fuse is not there to protect your amp, it is to protect your cable.

A car fire is not nice wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Stop being lazy, if you can't be bothered to type correctly, why should we make the time to help you out!

Edited by Tigz

kk cheers. Sorry i didn't realise it was such a big thing around here, i'll type better from now on. Why does it have to be right by the battery then? Because if it's on the same wire then i would've thought it'd work the same??? Also, im guessin i will need a fuse holder, so where do i get one of those from? And how do i know which rated fuse to get?

thanks again

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

DSC01316.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC01308.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

just for your benefit and others this is the easiest way-to run the cable on a non gti smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

Yep they'd charge you silly money for doing it, 2 hrs labour probably.

Its so easy to run;

1) Poke the wire through the grommet in the engine bay.

2) Remove lower part of dash on passenger side and stick your hand up there to pull the cable through.

3) Then lift up the sill trim and run the wire underneath that, preferably under the carpet.

4) Run wires under rear pocket trim, if you lift the rear seats up you can probably prise it up and poke the wire under.

5) Wire comes out in the left hand top corner of boot.

You have to have a fuse near the battery as possible, most are before the wire goes into the bulkhead. This is so if you get a power surge in the wire it doesnt catch fire and hence set your car alight inside. Pretty much all good wiring kits come with one, they are essential.

Steps 1 and 2 are hardest because if you arent used to removing bits then you might find it difficult to locate once inside the car behind the dash.

Is that all? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

thanks a lot penry, u have been very helpful answered all my questions. i have got a wiring kit from theloudest.com but haven't opened it yet so i will have a look when i do.

NOCK

thanks a lot penry, u have been very helpful answered all my questions. i have got a wiring kit from theloudest.com but haven't opened it yet so i will have a look when i do.

NOCK

not a bad kit ive just ripped mine out thought going for a much heavier duty system but ran what i used it for no sweat! dont buy one of there amps though there so *****!!!! i had 7 replaced under warranty just! and they replaced them with ones that didnt work!!!!

dont buy one of there amps though there so *****!!!! i had 7 replaced under warranty just! and they replaced them with ones that didnt work!!!!

Was it power supply related problems?

Did they say?

I think those amps are two amps joined together.

I wouldn't have thought your power cap would have helped.

Was it power supply related problems?

Did they say?

I think those amps are two amps joined together.

I wouldn't have thought your power cap would have helped.

no i have the 3000 watter the one they bolt two of together. the original problem was it overheated image_74_4_large.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

this amp is all of 30 watts if that peak! ive herd mtx and jl audio subs running 50 watts and 100 watts respectively and there is NO WAY!!! on gods earth this amp is 3000 watts! i didnt shift my alpine sub and it should in theory be able to power it off one channel! could move it more than 1mm bridged!! rant over! just make me so angery just thinking about the hassel i had with mine! GERRRR

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

shhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i'm worrried, if ur 3000W blew powering one sub, ive got the 1500W thats gonna be powerin 2 pioneer TS-W306C subs. If it blows once i'll demand my money back straight away now i've heard the problems that you've had, so thanks for lettin me know.

NOCK