WIRING AN AMP TO THE BATTERY

NOCK

shhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i'm worrried, if ur 3000W blew powering one sub, ive got the 1500W thats gonna be powerin 2 pioneer TS-W306C subs. If it blows once i'll demand my money back straight away now i've heard the problems that you've had, so thanks for lettin me know.

NOCK

mine was running two subs one per ch 1000watt peak jbls nothing to streching! :S

ave a look in members installs

• 2 months later...

Right, long time since this post was last written in. I have finally built my system and started to connect it up. It works so I am happy. However, the amp is only powerful enough to drive one of my subs so I am a bit gutted.

Anyway, my problems aside, I have got one critical question before I complete my install.

How do you cut through the rubber disk in the engine bay to run the power cable through, and is there anything to watch out for when doing so? As I have only tested it with the power cable outside the car so far. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, if anyone fancies swapping a 3000W amp for my, used for 30 mins maximum, theloudest.com TL-1092 1500W 2-channel amp then please pm me because I am going to either buy a 3000W amp, or another of the one I have already got so that I can power my other sub.

Thanks in advance,

NOCK

How do you cut through the rubber disk in the engine bay to run the power cable through, and is there anything to watch out for when doing so?

Used a screwdriver to bore a small hole through wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

3000w?

You sure? Or are you talking in Flax Power talk?

Im overpowering a Crystal cmp 12 by 300wrms with only 800wrms and Im talking over £700 of sub and amp!

What subs do you have?

Hang on, just read your post again.

How can it power one sub fine but not both?

That doesnt make sense.

How did you wire it?

Thanks for the input from both of you.

I am running two Pioneer TS-W306C subs (halfrauds'y i know but I'm on a budget). They are rated at 1000W peak, 400W RMS. It's probably just the amplifier's fault; it runs one fine but is pathetic when trying to run two from it. If you have any ideas about a decent amp i could buy (for reasonable money) please can you let me know.

Thanks again,

NOCK

EDIT @ Tigz: It powers one when I bridge it, but can't power two when I wire them up normally using the two channels, if you get me? P.S. what is 'FLAX'?

Edited by LUPO NOCK

Hang on, just read your post again.

How can it power one sub fine but not both?

That doesnt make sense.

How did you wire it?

That amp should power them fine.

Lets make sure you have wired it correctly before throwing cash away.

The subs.

Do they have one pair of connections on each sub?

Edit.

Yes they do.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/13...306C/index.html

Wait there.

lol nah I didn't ask anyone I just bought it. I was thinking of getting the 3000W version but after what 'eXXXtreme arosa' told me I think I'll steer clear. Any ideas what to get (for around the £100 mark preferably definately not more than 200)?

NOCK

What Id buy.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/blaupunkt-...400-p-4607.html

What you probably should buy.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-gto6011-p-4134.html

Dont know much about these, but plenty of power for the price.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audio-syst...190-p-4713.html

Over budget but loads of power!

Over 1000wrms at 2ohm.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-gto12011-p-4132.html

Thanks very much Tigz, but do you honestly think that is going to be powerful enough? I'm tempted to go for the Blaupunkt one (even though I'm not a big fan of their audio equipment to be honest).

NOCK

Thanks very much Tigz, but do you honestly think that is going to be powerful enough? I'm tempted to go for the Blaupunkt one (even though I'm not a big fan of their audio equipment to be honest).

NOCK

*EDIT* Just found this:

Amp

Can you have a look and tell me what you think please? I was thinking I could bridge the 4 channels into 2 channels, would the amp be able to take it though if I did this, you know more than me about this?

Thanks again,

NOCK

Whoops clicked reply instead of edit

Edited by LUPO NOCK

That amp should power them fine.

they should be the most powerful amps ever made but there are FAR FAR from it!!!

Nock steer clear of the loudest.com mate a 400watt mac audio amp is far louder that them!!! mac audio are fairly cheap amps but i would go for ANYTHING and i mean ANYTHING with a decent brand name and IT WILL be LOUDER!!!! the loudest.com should be called the QUIETEST .com!!!!

another thing is there ab class amps and very fooking juicey and stenuous on the battery mate!

a sony pentagon ( god thats desperate) is far louder 1600watt peak ??? doubtfull but my friend has two pentagon subs and one pentagon amp in his punto and it wiped the floor with my system. 2x1000 gto jbl subs and 3000watt loudest.com amp! on paper sounds great in practice there ****!

Whats all this 3000w business? lol

It doesnt mean anything.

One 10'0000w amp from one brand, may have less power than a 5'000 what from another Flax Power readers amp.

I cant see ebay at work.

So I dont know what your talking about?

im just giving my two pence worth. the loudest.com claim rediculous power rating and lupo nock is looking to buy another amp from them. just think its the worst idea ever! there products are so unstable and unreliable

Okay so theloudest.com aside, what do you think about these amplifiers:

CH1000 or CH3000D

BL2000

or maybe even Pyramid PB2600-not sure about the make for that though and would have to import from America, so my least favourite at present.

Also will I have to buy a new wiring kit if I've got a 200W wiring kit now, and I buy an amp that is more than 2000W- might be a stupid question.

Thanks again,

NOCK

Why not?

Why do you give up have I pissed you off?

NOCK

nock do wat i did go to an ICE shop tell them wat you want then wire down model numbers and brands.... do not buy there and then.... go home go on the net find it the cheapest you possibly can and then get them to match it at the shop. turned out i got my stuff cheaper than wat they buy it in at smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> awesome result even if i do say so myself

I'VE DONE IT!!!! I'VE DONE IT!!!!

Wired it all up with the original, theloudest.com, amp and sounds great. Turns out I just had a dodgey earth connection before! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Could do with sound proofing the doors and upping the balance to the subs (as I'm worried that I'm going to blow my standard front-door speakers) but I don't know how to do that, don't think it's possible with my head-unit. Not sure yet though. Just thought I'd let you all know. Sorry for being a dumb ass along the way! And thanks to all those that helped me biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK