GTI power boost

Kev

How much extra power (approximately) could i expect to see from my Lupo GTI if i had a sports cat and exhaust system fitted as well as a pipercross air filter?

any vague ideas? or anything from people experience?

is it worth doing this?

Thanks,

Kev

You wouldn't really see much more power without a remap. A decent filter with a full system, including manifold, then a custom remap and you should see some increase.

Joe's in the middle of sorting all this out, so I'm waiting with baited breath to see how it all turns out.

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Still waiting on the dam Janspeed to arrive

Without a remap, if you fitted a manifold, sport cat, system and induction kit, then maybe 5bhp, but as stated before, the throttle response should be much better.

A remap is needed to really make use of the mods, which would cost £300ish maybe bit more for a custom job

so even with just with 5hp, with greater pull at higher revs (as mentioned) what will this do for my 0-60 time?

ALSO

what is the REAL WORLD 0-60 time of a standard Lupo GTI? totally standard, the book speed says 8 something (i cant remember exactly what it says now) but its surely wrong...

Kev

I think its more into the 7's to be honest, although thats not using precise equipment smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Im sure Luke (DiamondBlack) got a sub 8second 0-60 at santa pod earlier in the year.

When I was reading up on Lupo GTI's, which I did a lot before I bought mine, it seemed that most magazines have recorded 7.7 or 7.8 seconds 0-60.

Not sure how true it is, but that's what I read.

standard is 8.3s for a gti but I reckon its high sevens

standard for a sport is 10.0 but one of the car magazines (think autocar) got 8.8sec and the best ive got is 9.0

So they do overestimate these things quite a bit (or expect you not to rev the tits off it when doing a 0-60 run)

When I was reading up on Lupo GTI's, which I did a lot before I bought mine, it seemed that most magazines have recorded 7.7 or 7.8 seconds 0-60.

Not sure how true it is, but that's what I read.

I read the same (about 7.7secs) with the GTI 106 and Saxo VTS coming in at 7.4secs. In gear times were pretty much always around 7.8secs (about the same as the french competition) and the 0-100 were pretty much identical too. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The best i've got is a 7.8s working it out from my runs at the pod, but to achieve that and any better you have to get a really good launch - which isn't easy. 8s to 60 is easily achieveable if you know how to drive.

My Janspeed system has finally arrived biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> and its bloody heavy!

just gotta save some cash for the sport cat and then it can all be fitted shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Edited by Joe

Not sure to be honest. you might see a couple of tenths, then with a remap maybe a couple more.

Don't think anyone has gone the whole way and got the whole exhaust redone and had a remap, so keep your eye on my car to find out smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. The finished article won't be till sometime next year though, gotta save some cash for the remap