let the mods begin

timmy

ok so im in a position now where i want to start modding my loop

i want to lower it on springs about 40mm what springs, where to get them and where can i get fitted?

to tidy up the back end a little i want to take off the badges (1.4 and lupo) do i just use a hairdryer to melt the glue or something??

i want to tint my rear lights all red as well but im not sure on the legal issues this could bring up at mot time?? ill probably spray them myself but im just not sure what parts to mask off etc.....

anyway any tips would be appreciated,

thanks, tim

ok so im in a position now where i want to start modding my loop

i want to lower it on springs about 40mm what springs, where to get them and where can i get fitted?

the vast majority of garages will fit them for you to be honest , but i would phone arround a few before hand mate to see what the prices are like .

to tidy up the back end a little i want to take off the badges (1.4 and lupo) do i just use a hairdryer to melt the glue or something??

i didnt even bother with a hair drier , i just used a bit of dental floss behind the badge and with a bit of a sawing acting cut them off with the stuff , then picked off the glue and a bit of bug and tar remover to make sure all the sticky stuff was off the car and job done

I heated the badges up with a hairdryer (or heat gun I think confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />, only set it low if you use a heat gun though, but a hair drier will be fine.

It'll be easiest to remove the rear lights to tint them, it's only one screw to remove the full cluster. Open the boot and you'll see it, then push the light unit outwards (at 90 degrees to the boot panel), there's a little clip thingy that holds it in. Don't need to mask anything off then.

and regarding the lights, mine past the MOT fine and they were painted blue.

if your worried mask off the reflector. dont use the halfrauds tinting spray though, its **** imo. i mixed a small amount of paint with lacquer and got the bodyshop to spray them for me for £30

ok so rear springs are easy, how exactly do i fit them though, and should i get the front ones done at a garage and drive home nose down to get the other ones done?

I will fit all your springs for £70 if you want and remove yor badges aswell!

PM me if your intrested smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

how exactly do i fit them though, and should i get the front ones done at a garage and drive home nose down to get the other ones done?

There's a guide on here somewhere, i followed it and was fine!

Driving with odd springs on? I'd imagine the handling would be a bit sketchy!

I just got quoted £255.56 from VW surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />

ok, so i just picked up my loop from vw because a light came up, they fixed the temp sensor but said one of my front shocks was weeping slightly, this makes me think just getting springs will be short term and not worth it.

so my problem now is shocks and springs V coilovers? am i right in thinking the only difference is that coilvers are adjustable? cost will play a major part in my decision. any advise/experience would be greatly appreciated.