Arosa Head Unit Removal

Hi Everyone,

I've just taken over the usage of my Mums lovely Seat Arosa (in comedy "look at me - my car glows in the dark" yellow colour). stereo.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Firstly tried the "cutting credit cards into small strips" technique, to slide in the holes...this didn't work, so then tried to use some removal keys from the kenwood stereo

kw.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

...these didn't work either! So then went and got myself some VW/European ones

se.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

...and these still haven't helped it budge! I've tried both sets of keys, upside down, right way round (i think!?)

Any help would be much appreciated, as I'm close to losing fingers pulling the tape deck too hard, and really want to get this sorted so I can have a CD player in time for a long drive to Luton!

Thanks in advance guys, and hope it all makes sense (including the pictures...i'm quite new at this forum malarkey)

Jamie (Who is embarassed - his F Reg gold Nissan Micra was easy to sort!) .

Hi Everyone,

I've just taken over the usage of my Mums lovely Seat Arosa (in comedy "look at me - my car glows in the dark" yellow colour). stereo.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Firstly tried the "cutting credit cards into small strips" technique, to slide in the holes...this didn't work, so then tried to use some removal keys from the kenwood stereo

kw.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

...these didn't work either! So then went and got myself some VW/European ones

...and these still haven't helped it budge! I've tried both sets of keys, upside down, right way round (i think!?)

Any help would be much appreciated, as I'm close to losing fingers pulling the tape deck too hard, and really want to get this sorted so I can have a CD player in time for a long drive to Luton!

Thanks in advance guys, and hope it all makes sense (including the pictures...i'm quite new at this forum malarkey)

Jamie (Who is embarassed - his F Reg gold Nissan Micra was easy to sort!) .

What should happen is the removal keys should slot into the radio and lock in, then you pull them and it just comes out, then press the buttons on the side to release the keys. You need to push the keys in relatively hard, but otherwise its easy to do.

Oh and you should post some pics up of your car in the readers rides, its good to see new arosa owners on here shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Chris

Edited by cardaft

What should happen is the removal keys should slot into the radio and lock in, then you pull them and it just comes out, then press the buttons on the side to release the keys. You need to push the keys in relatively hard, but otherwise its easy to do.

Oh and you should post some pics up of your car in the readers rides, its good to see new arosa owners on here shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Chris

Will give it a go, this is what I have been trying...so don't hold out much hope! Which set of keys is the correct ones (if any!?)

I will get a photo of the abtly named "Primrose", and will post her on here soon (no laughing!)

Jamie

Will give it a go, this is what I have been trying...so don't hold out much hope! Which set of keys is the correct ones (if any!?)

Jamie

These are the ones i think

Chris

Where'd you get these from?

I've just bought a Becker and the gits only gave me one key and I need to remove the stereo to swap the red and yellow wires over to fix my central locking!

I got them from Motaman, think they're availabale online as well. Cheers for all the help, managed to get it out after nearly ripping my fingers off, and then getting the cage for the replacement in was just as hard, but its all done now!

Now I need to find the digital camera!

Jamie

Try

hammer_chisel.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

failing that

dynamite.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Sorry! is isnt helping! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just to give some more input on this.

Me and a mate had fun and games for a good few hours yesterday installing my alpine HU in my Arosa.

We bodged all sorts of pointy things to stick in the release holes but didn't get very far. Instead I went to Halfords and asked if I could see if the ones off the shelf fitted my car before I bought them. Well, they did, and whilst "testing" them, I just took the Seat HU fullly out and gave them the keys back tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

So all in all, if you aint got the proper keys, expect to spend a few hours bashing your head against a brick wall.

Let's not get started on routing the alpine independant power lead to the battery via the bulk head.... :|

This might be a bit cheeky, but go to your local friendly VW/Seat dealer and ask the friendly folk in there if they can budge their friendly set of HU removal keys into your Arosa's dash?

Worked for me

Andy smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />