A couple of Interestng cars

Putney

car_photo_200128_7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

VXR Corsa

It’s set to be the fastest supermini hot hatch in its class, because the pocket rocket boasts 200bhp from a 1.6-litre turbocharged engine. With a top speed of 150mph and the 0-60mph sprint covered in six

car_photo_208804_7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

VW Polo GTI Cup Edition does at least boast a power increase – up to 178bhp from 148bhp – and uprated brakes. It also features special alloys and a body kit akin to that of the ADAC Polo Cup racing car that it has been built to celebrate.

Sadly, Volkswagen UK has decided that the Cup Edition doesn’t have sufficient sales potential to be worth importing.

Edited by Putney

200bhp Corsa!

Dear God, how much will that go for I wonder.

Under £12k Id take one!

Think they are aiming for under 16k. little steep if you ask me

it’s the ultimate sporting flagship for the new Corsa range. And as you can see from our pictures, it will have the looks to rival its searing acceleration, too.

Taking inspiration from the Astra VXR, the quickest Corsa features big air intakes with honeycomb grilles, bulging wheelarches and a groundhugging front spoiler. However, one of the most distinctive styling additions is a sculpted rear bumper complete with Venturi-style tunnels and a central triangular shaped exhaust pipe.

Together with 17-inch alloy wheels and a bold array of colours – including a VXR-exclusive white – it’s sure to be the most head-turning supermini hot hatch around when it goes on sale.

In their bid to make the newcomer the most powerful model in its class – a title which was recently claimed by the storming new 197bhp Renault- Sport Clio – engineers have increased output from the 170bhp of early development models to a staggering 200bhp. That will ensure blistering acceleration, making the Corsa VXR nearly as rapid as its Astra brother.

Stiffened and lowered suspension, along with Vauxhall’s CDC electronic dampers, plus the very latest stability control systems, will ensure that all the power reaches the road. However, driving the car will still be a raw experience – test engineers have spent months at the Nürburgring circuit in Germany honing the Corsa VXR to be as involving as possible.

As with the Astra VXR, the Corsa will get a Sport button on the dashboard which sharpens up the suspension, steering, dampers and throttle response. The Corsa will also feature heavily bolstered sports seats, carbon fibre trim and VXR badging inside. And although it will be fitted with climate control and an MP3-compatible sound system as standard, it won’t have much in the way of luxury kit.

Vauxhall is very keen to keep costs down and position the Corsa VXR as an affordable driver’s car – so a price tag of just under £16,000 is likely when the newcomer goes on sale in January. Prospective buyers will be able to get their first glimpse of the new hot hatch at the Paris Motor Show in September.

VXR Corsa

It’s set to be the fastest supermini hot hatch in its class, because the pocket rocket boasts 200bhp from a 1.6-litre turbocharged engine. With a top speed of 150mph and the 0-60mph sprint covered in six

I smell the faint whiff of mighty torque steer!

I'm quite interested in the new 'Alfa Junior' myself.

CarscoopFiatGroup0.0.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

The Fiat Group's product plan for the 2007-2009 period. The first models in the group to get Fiat's new 1.4 Turbo engine (available in two versions with 120 & 150 Hp) will be the Alfa 147 & the Fiat Grande Punto next summer.

As for brand new models, we see that although Alfa's 147 successor, the 149 will be delayed till 2009 (!), the Italian brand will make up for it with the Junior, a niche model aimed to compete against BMW Group's Mini.

MODEL - ON SALE

Alfa Romeo 147 1.4 Turbo (120 & 150Hp) - July / August 2007

Alfa Romeo Junior - Mid 2008

Fiat 500 - January 2008

Fiat Bravo - August / September 2007

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Turbo (120-150 ps) - June / July 2007

That looks cool. The next couple of years i think we are going to see smaller engines kickingout big bhp on alot of cars!

'Putney in reposting stuff off the net from a month ago shocker.' wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Seriously, keep it up, I haven't been arsed posting any car stuff so its nice to see some.

Saw a new Corsa at the weekend, I was unmoved.

3 Series Coupe however is lovely. The M3 will look brilliant as the standard car looks near perfect.

Saw a new 3 series Coupe a couple of weeks back and hadn't even realised that they had been launched!

Thought it looked a bit plain myself although it was in black with reasonably small wheels and no bodykit.