Should I trade

Stu92

1st up I own a gti 53, found a 52 reg plate gti in a vw stealers with all the optional extras. So gave them a call and they would only offer £6k for my 53 with 15k miles on the clock. Mine is pretty standard except for the retrim leather that they didn't like, and the tinted windows. Thought they would offer more, especially since theres is 33k miles and a year older.

So it would cost me £2k to get an older car with twice as many miles, but more toys.

Anyone think it is worth it?

I would think you would get well more than £6000 for yours privately. But then you run the riak of the other one being away while you try and sell yours. And they want £8000 for the 52 plate, is that right? If it is, that seems a bit steep, but then the dealers get away with that sort of thing. What are you getting for your £2k?

You could probably buy all the extras for under 2k if you wanted them! And whats that about them not liking leather?! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Do not do it, complete rip-off from the dealer. I would never buy an older model of the same car for a premium. Agree with all the others here, spec your car up if you are that bothered. You have leather so only other expensive option is the air-con. You will then have the newer car, with lower milage and the options you would like.

Only exception is if you want a sunroof as you cannot really retro fit one of these...certainly not enough of an option to change the car for though.

Sell me your leather then trade it in lol

And buy Jen's standard interior.

Nae, That does not sound like a good deal, its not the dealer in Aberdeen is it?

Edited by Bluloop

Thanks for the help, suppose I will need to put up with having a cold ass, with the lack of heated seats.

And buy Jen's standard interior.

Nae, That does not sound like a good deal, its not the dealer in Aberdeen is it?

No its a dealer down south.

Watch out for a gti leather interior smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> we just got one, and plan to have the heated seats wired up soon.

Watch out for a gti leather interior smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> we just got one, and plan to have the heated seats wired up soon.

Do you mean you can add the heating elements ? If so is this a big job and how much?

Edited by Stu92

Stuff them.

Sounds like a crap deal to me. Why would you want to trade in for an older higher milage car?

Just for the extras?