Mr WP's workhorse

stevewp

Well, I've just bagged myself a lovely little old banger for shifting all the crud about, plus it'll save the Rover from getting messed up (when I get that).

It'll mean retiring the trailor, but it'll all be well worth it.

66_1.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Not pretty, but sound and MOT'd, so shouldn't need any work for at least 6 months (finger's crossed).

Now just got to get to Burnley to pick it up!! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Have you sold the bike, the Lupo and the Passat to fund this antique purchase?

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

No, which is just one reason why I'm in the doghouse! Lol

Hopefully, the pics are true to it, which means it's actually got no rust to speak of. Now realistically, I can't believe it has none at all, but it's certainly not riddled with it, which is a relief!

Just got to see whether it'll make it back to Brum yet blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And yes, my firsy 4-wheeled rear-wheel drive vehicle ever! Could be VERY interesting wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I was watching a V6 powered one, which would have been much more fun but probably would have been unreliable, as it didn't look like a tidy job.

Plus the guy was dreaming with how much he wanted for it.

It certainly is biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

No!!! I want it for a tat wagon - not a show piece.

I did look at a couple of Caddies, but they're too expensive, cos everyone wants them for show cars

thats what i meant mate... p100 you can use and abuse and you wont really care about it to a certain extent... a caddy you might wanna swap the springs on the back over etc... lol

you could always stick a truckman top on the ford, then bang a matress in it!! lmao

That has been considered, but I'm past the passion wagon phase these days (read, I'm too old!)

never too old mate.... lol

or will it be like arkwright and nurse gladis in the back of that mini van??? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by andyp

Sounds about right! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Somehow she made it all the way back from Lancs without a problem!

Actually, she runs sweet, and was just as good as hoped. Speedo's a bit out though - was doing '70' which turned out to be under 60, and a true 70 is an indicated 85-90!! Looked scary at the time!

Looks like that's due to an engine and gearbox change at some stage - the bonus is that there's a blower on it now, which wasn't expected!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />