gear changing problem help needed !!!

N14L VW

right went for a drive tonight and everything seemed fine but when me car got up to temperature i couldnt put the car into gears properly and had to properly slam it in at the lights as i couldnt pull away and was gettin slightly embarresed blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />. anyone no wat the problem or problems could be

cheers niall

Ditto on mine, OK when cold, crap when warm (2nd and 4th especially). I had a root round under the dash on Sunday to see if the pedal box was broken, but I cant see anything moving when the clutch is depressed. Do you know specifically what your mate did with the clutch cable?

Our two cars surely aren't the only ones. Maybe we should contact VW as a group.

Edited by IDGM

It will be the pedal box, more than likely. Take the trim panel off under the dash and look up with a torch. Depress the clutch pedal, you are looking closely at the bracket where the pedal hinges, if it appears to give then it's faulty. Another way to tell is the crunch into reverse and if the clutch pedal is sitting lower than the brake pedal.

I've just had mine done, yours sounds exactly the same. Mine was done under VW Goodwill, NOT warranty.

Cheers,

James

EPC light is more than likely your brake light switch and unconnected to the pedal box issue (although they are a crap part so they have that in common!)

Take the car to Wayside in St. Albans, ask for Helen or Pete. Mention that your car is exhibiting the same problems as the green Lupo Sport they had in earlier this week and they will sort you out. Mine ended up being free of charge, covered under VW warranty, but that's not a cast iron promise.

Be aware that if they check it and it's NOT the pedal box, you will have to pay an inspection charge to cover their time.

Cheers,

James

I think mine might have a similar problem, and its also a sport.

Should I take it to VW and demand they have a look? Whats the chances of them fixing it for free, is it a well known problem (to VW)?

My EPC light shows occasionally too (and goes off when I turn ignition of and on again). Is it related to this problem perchance?

[/quote

this is where i bought my lupo from ..they r very helpfull down there

Edited by BillyBlackspins

often the micro adjuster just needs fiddles with under the car, not certain on where it is but i know it connects the gearstick to the box if that helps? just screw it back and forth til your gears feel nice.

think thats wahta me mates dad did seems weet now had no more problem last couple of days

I'm a bit concerned on this one. My car exhibits the same kind of agro but is a 1.4S, not a sport.

Can someone please confirm whether the 1.4S is also known as the Sport or not? shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Mine has a similar problem and its a GTi.

It doesnt seem to matter on what temp she is. I'll pull up to lights, take her out of gear and when i go to pull away 1st gear just wont have any of it, i tried second gear but she really didnt like that lol blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I have to sit there and pump the clutch for a couple of minuets...which cannot be to good for the poor thing.

after that it will engage.

When i had my sport i had problems with the gear box... and was told it was just what they do lol. problems with reverse and second gear mainly. I took it back to the VW garage and they couldnt do anything with it.."just one of those things"

Kelly.