bad on juice????????

cuprajake

hey guys, having only just got the car, i cant decide wether or not its worse than my lcr for drinking petrol.

i hit the red light on, then put £10 in it, this took it to the point of just touching the half full line. so far i've done 30 miles, of steady driving 40 average, usually in 4th or 5th gear, its already gone down quarter of a tank so in theory it will do 60-70 miles to £10 is this the norm.

the car has a bastuck exhaust and alco a piper cross, now when you do put your foot down you get a burble noice. i presume this is the filter. but i seem to sometime smell fuel, could this possibly be an problem with either the filter ot the injuctors?

jake

Seems about right to me. I fill up as soon as the light comes on, it costs me £26 of Optimax and I get about 180 miles on that, so seems ok. The burble is probably the air filter, the smell of petrol could maybe be the oil vapour coming through the return pipe that used to go back in to the air box. Have you got a mini filter on the end of it? Try shoving it right to the bottom of the engine bay to see if this solves it.

I can get 90 miles to £10 of Optimax doing steady 60mph.

Worst I can manage is 35 miles on a quarter if I clog it everywhere.

Average about 220 miles to a tankfull (£28).

I got 112.4 miles on a tenners worth of go-juice last night going to Lytham St Annes from Oldham and driving back to Oldham through Warton/Preston to the Tickled Trout M6 ( my lupo is not a sport ot GTi though, just a 1.4s! )

I was well chuffed as with the 2.0l NewBeetle I used to do about 40 miles on a tenner ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Edited by Lupo-Sinead

Whats the fuel tank size on the polo?

That said if your getting 70 miles to £10 i'd say thats about right if not quite good. It'll take about £30 to fill up tank (at roughly 96.9p) so 70 x 3 is 210 to a tank which is good. I'm lucky to get 180 to a tank round town.

same as me! usually don't let mine get too low, the orange light irritates me! i usually get anywhere from 160 miles to 190 miles from 3/4's tank of fuel, and i hammer thre crap outta my car! lol!

hi guys just to say i may only own a 1 litre but i get roughly 350 mile to the tank driving sensibly

and 320 miles if i give it some stick!!!! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />