Calling all DJs...

jj10

IS VINYL DEAD...??

Calling all DJs out there - I'm planning to launch a new record shop based in M/c

Just wondering if you guys are still spinning records or have cds killed them off...? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

JJ

Vinal still rules to real DJs wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Theres just not enough of them sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Real DJs smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm not a real one, I need to use CDs and an electronic beat meter.

I'm a vinal man though, just not got the ear for using it.

Just sounding out the market.

We'll be offering all the usual formats (+ looking into Mp3 - prompted by feedback)

Hello wave.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wave:" border="0" alt="wave.gif" />

What say you on the subject...??

Vinyl is still huge, try having a look at juno dot com or htfr dot com & that should give you an idea!

Personally I cant stand cd 'dj's', there's no bloody skill involved with cd's once you've beat matched it thats it, no need to 'play' with it any more (which is often part of the fun). There's something still so hands on & raw about vinyl that cd will never be able to equal, yes cd is better quality, & yes it is also more lightweight, but part of the fun of Dj'ing is making sure that every record you pack has to be worth taking, unlike cd's where you can easily carry 500+ tracks of any old filler track bullsh*t! angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Anyway, rant over! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

yeah quite a few of the guys up here use a mix of laptops , cd's and vynal ....

I had 'Final Scratch' on test direct from Stanton before it was released (one of the few perks of installing nightclub systems!) & it was quite good. Its defiantely come on a few stages since it was first released, but does still have a few glitches in the programme which can become annoying.

digging in the crates is a way of life wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I just dabble occasionally and prefer Vinyl although I prefer using a hard disc mixer if I can.

One of my mates is a club DJ, he uses a mixture of Vinyl and a laptop, probably gives him the best of both worlds. He absolutely hates CD's though and always used Vinyl until he got his laptop mixing sorted out.

Vinyl is still huge, try having a look at juno dot com or htfr dot com & that should give you an idea!

even juno are going for the digital push though.

if you're opening a record shop now then quite simply you have to do something different...or embrace the digital wave.

the last record shop i went into was phonica in soho and thats probably the best. that was in december though and if i buy vinyl, it'll be bought online. theres nothing like scouring the second hand places and i almost came in my slacks with the amount of rare disco in brussells last week. so basically...open a second hand place and use nostalgia as you're angle, or work with technology