Sump Update (Pictures!)

Ok still havent got the car sorted but just want to get peoples veiws on what they think what is what. For you guys who dont know i run over a breeze block. DSC00345.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

The hole in the sump:

DSC00346.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

The Camber on the near side front wheel has gone really funny:

DSC00344.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00343.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

May have something to do with this:

DSC00349.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00348.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00347.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Ive bought a new sump, sealant and oil what else am i looking at having to buy.

Thanks guys. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

looks like the subframe is buggered . confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

looks like the subframe is buggered . confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Bloody 'ell ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />. Like has alreay been mentioned, that don't look good bud, hope you get it all sorted anyhow.

Mark

looks like ur gonna need a new subframe and wishbone mate sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

that was exactly the same damage that i had. ****** of a job if your doing it yourself

how much was it for the sump and sealant?

Edited by john

was going to say i have all the parts to fix this but wishbone sorry i was to late rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

it aint that hard a job really. i reckon if your not mechanicaly minded you could do it in a good day just by looking at whats what and being methodical in your removing and remembering where it all goes.

3 bolts and a locking plate at the end of each wishbone, 4 bolts holding the crossmember to the car, one bolt holding the linkage stay to the block,3 bolts holding lower rear gearbox /engine mount the other 2 will support the engine, as for the steering rack , 2 ways you could do it...

1 remove the four 13mm bolts that pass through the subframe and leave in situ, fitting it to the new one while out,or.....

2 remove track rod end nuts and the bolt/nut holding the rack onto the steering coloum,(sp)

of course you will have to remove the exhaust aswell, if you need your car give it to someone else, if you want to learn and be able to say "I DID THAT" do it yourself lol. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

it aint that hard a job really. i reckon if your not mechanicaly minded you could do it in a good day just by looking at whats what and being methodical in your removing and remembering where it all goes.

3 bolts and a locking plate at the end of each wishbone, 4 bolts holding the crossmember to the car, one bolt holding the linkage stay to the block,3 bolts holding lower rear gearbox /engine mount the other 2 will support the engine, as for the steering rack , 2 ways you could do it...

1 remove the four 13mm bolts that pass through the subframe and leave in situ, fitting it to the new one while out,or.....

2 remove track rod end nuts and the bolt/nut holding the rack onto the steering coloum,(sp)

of course you will have to remove the exhaust aswell, if you need your car give it to someone else, if you want to learn and be able to say "I DID THAT" do it yourself lol. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

nice and easy then mitch can say i wound not fancy doing with the engine still in

nice and easy then mitch can say i wound not fancy doing with the engine still in

hmmmm yeh you need small hands aswell laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

hmmmm yeh you need small hands aswell laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

tell the miss's to get her hands drity haha biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> i have cuts all over my arm's and hands from mine gotta love it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

small hands make TOOL's look bigger

pmsl

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Garage said its all good, should be back on the road tuesday. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Good one bud, did they tell you what they have done to make it good......and what's the financial damage likely to be???? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />