gordons alive again

Mitchell

well after removing the engine/box and everything else, the bay has been painted, the harness split into sections and hidden, and then nothing the car would fire for 5 seconds then shut down, so reluctantly i stripped all the freshly taped and tubed harness back to check all my work and nothing was out of place, so i put it all back together again and the same happened in all i have spent arround 2 days on wiring, i called a mate who suggested the transponder unit had reset or shutdown, this would require the full vagcom .........gutted.... anyhoo was just sitting sorry for myself in the car when i clocked ...... the damn transponder wire from the ignition was not even plugged in ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> anyway connected and he now runs again, hurah i thought but then a small intermittant missfire, then constant wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> so out come the plug leads , while the engine was out i renewed the 2 timing belts and tensioners/guides , i also removed the cam carrier as i had a small oil leak into no 1 plug port, anyway the oil seemed to be seeping in again so i checked all the allen bolts and retightened as some still had a bit play, sprayed a bit wd 40 in the ports and now all is well.

just the rest of the car to paint now , happy again, but waisted precious time.

lupo007.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

lupo013.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

lupo008.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

lupo015.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

in cl they are lol

well i was hoping to have it done next week but, the car has been painted before and the arseholes failed to key it properly so i need to take it back a few layers then green ti prime it, then wet flat before that so possibly 2/3 weeks as i am back at work as of tommorow. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />