induction

luposteve

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You talk about a filter giving you 12 plus bhp but i really cant see that happening.

AND i'm not having a go at you or alltech, just stating that i dont believe you can gain that amount from a filter alone. Where was it RR'd? Did you get a before and after with the standard airbox and the nw filter?

I will be dead impressed if it has gained you the bhp you stated, hell i'd want 140bhp out of the GTI with just a filter!

Well for all of you who dont believe in an air filter giving you more power i have the dyno print out on the wall and it says 112bhp and all i have done is that nice shiny air filter!!

The TT calipers are bigger with bigger pistons and i tell you it stops, ask dubweiser (dan) took him out for a spin last bluewater meet and almost put him through the windscreen!!!!funny.....

That new induction looks much better, nice smooth curves for the airflow & it looks like it'll stop the leads falling off the coils too! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> The Air filter they've fitted looks like its made by Bomz, a few people I know have used them as they are quite inexpensive (no offence), they've also said they give a really nice roar too.

Well for all of you who dont believe in an air filter giving you more power i have the dyno print out on the wall and it says 112bhp and all i have done is that nice shiny air filter!!

Is that a before and after print out?

The TT calipers are bigger with bigger pistons and i tell you it stops, ask dubweiser (dan) took him out for a spin last bluewater meet and almost put him through the windscreen!!!!funny.....

Can you scan the before and after, then people will believe you! We arent doubting that it may be true, just would like some evidence.

i have been reading my old copy of TRC magazine and the feature is about a 1.4 sport stock hatch racer. it has a blueprinted engine. a straight through exhaust no cats, 2.5". standard ecu and airbox, no air filter. and makes 124bhp at 6000rpm and 120lbft at 4300rpm

the 2.5" fell below by some way the max db limits so was planned to enlarge to a 3" sraight though to try and release more bhp. a remap ecu with raised rev limit was also planned to get more out of it.

Well do all you GTI boys not believe that you can tune a sport better than a GTI due to the fact its basically the same engine anyway its just the GTI is factory tuned up?! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Baering in mind that my lupo is 6 years old and has done 91000 miles i think that even 6bhp on a warm run was pretty dam good let alone 12bhp on a cold run! I had it done on a Dyno in haywards heath, company called QST(Quattro Sport Tuning), he does all the rs6 and rs4 and TT tuning.

For all you non believers i will get a copy up as soon as i can!!

Well do all you GTI boys not believe that you can tune a sport better than a GTI due to the fact its basically the same engine anyway its just the GTI is factory tuned up?! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Baering in mind that my lupo is 6 years old and has done 91000 miles i think that even 6bhp on a warm run was pretty dam good let alone 12bhp on a cold run! I had it done on a Dyno in haywards heath, company called QST(Quattro Sport Tuning), he does all the rs6 and rs4 and TT tuning.

For all you non believers i will get a copy up as soon as i can!!

why would you run an engine cold on a rolling road?

and your car being 6 years old and 91000 miles should have more power than a new engine. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

although I do think the AFK engine do seem to be easier to get power out of than the AUB's wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

what you want is a manifold and decat.

Edited by Petrified

Sorry i forgot to put its air temperature, not that the engine is cold,so they set it down to about 12degrees C for the cold run then the warm run is just normal temp which if i remember was about 24degrees c on the day i had it done!

Well if its done 91000 its well worn which can sometimes reduce horsepower.

Cheers for the advice any ideas how much manifold is?! am getting it decated this week i hope!!!

I think these engines just get more powerfull with the miles that go on them.

I had raceland manifold from Tigz in a group buy .. I think Jez may still have one for sale. around £170, worth getting the decat and a cat pipe made up at the same time.

you can decat the AFK engines with no loss of power because they only have one lambda probe on the downpipe. not on the cat.

the later AUB engines have two probes same as the GTI and if you decat the ecu will throw a fit, the end result is a reduction in power output

Well do all you GTI boys not believe that you can tune a sport better than a GTI due to the fact its basically the same engine anyway its just the GTI is factory tuned up?!

No its not.

Its a different head.

Different cams.

Different block.

Different con rods and pistons.

It shares the same chassis if thats any help wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Being easier to tune is one thing, but getting 12bhp from a air filter is ****, sorry to be rude but but your not talking to Max Power readers here chap.

Edit.

Sorry, just had another thought.

Unless the car had a brand new VW panel filter filter fitted before the back to back test of course, If there was a 10k mile old filter in the air box to start with, then changing to a new filter may have given 12bhp!

Edited by Tigz

Mine made 117.5bhp with just a BMC.

so maybe if you upgrade to a bmc you will increase the power further!

j/k tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

although your wheel bhp seems very low.

mine at 122bhp was running around 100 at the wheels. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Edited by Petrified

30% transmission loss does seem a lot.

You sure you haven't lost power with that filter, and the roller operator added it back into the fly? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />