Zender Skirts

Robert

how much r they?? i have seen better ones but really depends on the cost. although if u go low enough theres no need for them.

fibre glass is a pain in the ass. i prefer the abt's i think they look smoother but as its been said they r dearer. think they're plastic though.

its all personal preference though so whatever u feel.

Glen

I like those alot, dont like any other part of the kit but the skirts look pretty good.

Also like the look of the ABT skirts which look a little more chunky.

gallery_255_5_3420.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

I prefer the abt, they are nicer

yeh i agree they look more oem too imo, they look deeper too biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

fibre glass is a pain in the ass. i prefer the abt's i think they look smoother but as its been said they r dearer. think they're plastic though.

its all personal preference though so whatever u feel.

Glen

fibreglass is plastic laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Glass-reinforced plastic (GRP) The term "fiberglass" is often used, rather imprecisely, for GRP.

if they are made from abt skirts are made of abs plastic they will be more flexible but there still both plastic

zender ones look so much better nice and flush and not to "look at me" and they dont stick out and look all boy racerish..

I think for the price I've not done too bad with the Zender ones, just have to wait till they arrive - least they're pretty cheap and easy to get on.

Just got to sort out a rear bumper now, tempted by the Dietrich one, but that'll force a custom centre exhaust to be purchased - we'll see but I need to order by friday really to push the car forwards

yeh i agree they look more oem too imo, they look deeper too biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

fibreglass is plastic laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

if they are made from abt skirts are made of abs plastic they will be more flexible but there still both plastic

think u knew what i was on about biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . fibreglass is flimsy and hassle to work with and abs is strong.

What about a Lupo rear bumper?

Fits straight on, and matches the rounded shape of those skirts and your front bumper?

Can get them very cheap, direct from VW and at least you know its going to fit right.

I want the same thing mate, but if you fill the line, its completly smooth smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

An hour job for the body shop who'll be painting it.

I want the same thing mate, but if you fill the line, its completly smooth smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

An hour job for the body shop who'll be painting it.

Yeah that's not a bad idea that - I'll have to have a good think now

I cant remember off the top of my head, but Im sure it was a lot less than £100.

May have been £60...

The price I got was for the Sport, not sure if the non sport is any diffrence.

I think Dub love had one for sale, not sure if he ever sold it.

What exhaust are you going for to want a Sport bumper?

Could this be a smoothed Mk2 Arosa rear bumper?

Love the look of this

DSCF0699.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

It'll have to be a custom exhaust, due to the spare wheel well, I have a thing for centre exhausts! Two side ones would be neat though, but love centre exits! I'll go price up a sport bumper tomorrow just so I know. I don't think that's a mk2 Arosa bumper, looks too round, but it is very very nice!!!!!

What about the exhaust like the one I have?

Off the shelf Jetex, costing around £180 for the system.

Very nice sound, not over the top, just makes a nice grunty sound as though the car was a hot hatch.

No noticeable loss in performance, although seems to free up a couple of high end revs.

Ive not done it yet, as Ive not got a Sport bumper yet, but it could be fitted with the tail pipes pointing further up wards, so the S bend of the pipes to be less visible behind the bumper.

I read a post on the SCC forum that the exhausts were rather low, but I have had a look at the Jetex one, only seen it for about 240 though surprised.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprised:" border="0" alt="surprised.gif" /> Would be an easier and far cheaper option, but I need a bumper first (unless my exhaust falls off). Out of interest, are your mirrors the mattig DTM ones??