1.4 16valve arosa with a loop gti head?

eXXXtreme arosa

hi guys am i right in thinkin that the gti has a bit more head work done to it to give it them 26 extra horses over my arosa sport??? if this is so could i swap heads over and get the extra power or is there more to it?

I'd like to think it had more to do with the 200cc's of extra engine capacity and a few other bits and bobs. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'd like to think it had more to do with the 200cc's of extra engine capacity and a few other bits and bobs. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

ah yeh forgot they were 1600's duh! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> my bad lol. could i get my cylinders bored out then and fit sum gti pistons?

heres a point on the boring out point , what would happen if you had it bored out , could you use the pistons etc from the 1.7SDI etc and then use the petrol engine or would it be better just to get a 1.7SDI block and then build it with GTi parts as far as possible ie head , cams etc ??

ah yeh forgot they were 1600's duh! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> my bad lol. could i get my cylinders bored out then and fit sum gti pistons?

pistons are the same diameter on the gti as the 1400, stroke is different, you would need a gti crankshaft, you will probably find the deck height is also different there so would the block, so you would need custom rods. just get a gti engine to start with, i got one for £100, there was one on the bay for £200

pistons are the same diameter on the gti as the 1400, stroke is different, you would need a gti crankshaft, you will probably find the deck height is also different there so would the block, so you would need custom rods. just get a gti engine to start with, i got one for £100, there was one on the bay for £200

will the gti mate with my gear box tho?