is a polo gti cylinder head identical to a lupo gti cylinder head?

Adam K

i have got hold of a polo gti cylinder head for £75.

i want to send it away to get it ported and polished ready to put on my lupo gti.

will be putting cams in at the same time as fitting the head.

basically i just need a positive answer that the polo gti and lupo gti heads are identical.

cheers!

should be yes, as they have the same engine code, avy.

unless its a really early polo gti one, which has the engine code arc, so i'm not sure about that! same style of engine tho.

should be yes, as they have the same engine code, avy.

unless its a really early polo gti one, which has the engine code arc, so i'm not sure about that! same style of engine tho.

£75 is a bargain though if it's the right one?

i can just imagine how much one would cost from VW!!

Why not just get your head done?

because.......

a. i don't want to take my car off the road.

b. i am getting this headwork done, and then saving some more money for cams, and then getting the head and cams both fitted at the same time, and then mapped.

Edited by Adam K

the headwork doesnt take long.

fitting the cams to the head does take long.

removing and refitting the head, and mapping the car does.

I would think you would be better saving the £75 and waiting till you could get the cams, when you then have enough for the headwork, fitting and mapping take it to someone who can do the lot.

Should be able to do it within the day.

Edited by Tigz

i'd rather spread the cost and have all the bits sitting there ready just to be fitted all in one go.

i'm sure i'll be able to stick my old head on ebay and re-coup my money.

my m8 works for renault F1 and they have a guy there who does all the headwork for their cars. they have offered to do my head on their flowbench for £450 cash and that is a 3 day turnaround.

Edited by Adam K

i will flow your head for £400 mate pmsl!

your getting done over!

honestly tho, i have a chap close to me that does all the head's for big vw tuner's in the uk! looking around the £200 mark for port and polish dude!

• 2 years later...

HI I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU STILL HAD THAT LUPO GTI HEAD AS YOU MENTIONED. MY TIMING BELT TENSIONER WENT SO IM KNACKERED, AND I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A LUPO GTI HEAD. IF U COULD PLEASE GET BCK 2 ME AND LET ME NO A.S.A.P I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

P.S THAT WAS MY LUPO IN PREMIER INN .NYE. AT WATFORD, I WAS THERE 2 WEN THE ALARMS WENT OFF IT WAS KAOS. LOL. AND MY DOUBLE DIN IS A KENWOOD 1 M8, SET ME BCK 350 FROM CAR AUDIO SECURITY...

I dont think he ever bought the head unfortunatly.

There was one for sale on UK-Polo.net a while ago.

thanks guys if u cum across any lupo/polo head could u let me no please.

And also does any1 no where i could get the head ported n polished round the south east?

Wat sort of performance would i gain from porting n polishin the head.. currently runnin 15.7 quarter mile with bmc cda induction kit and raceland manifold,

thanks