Been house hunting.............

VWR Lupo

Im overwelmed by all this advice people, its great but im getting a bit lost in it all sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Im very intrested in this new shared ownership option, but as everyone who has posted so far have made me realise that there are so many options out there, it rearly is confusing!

Think im going to have to read this thred from the start again!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that was interest only, although my new repayment one isnt much higher than that now anyway - still deals to be had wth mortgages if you search hard enough.

Dunstable can be very cheap - but you have obviously the commute to MK - which if one of you doesnt drive can be an issue, plus its still dunstable! At the end of the day having lived in a village just outside mk, I dont think its worth saving £5k to be honest - it isnt much of a saving for the loss of benefits. Taxi Costs if you haev a night out rise dramatically, no local shop, no 24hr tesco near by, no home delivery for food, theres a lot of stuff not available to you.

I would be suprised though if you find any better value property than those designed for key workers.

Yes that was interest only, although my new repayment one isnt much higher than that now anyway - still deals to be had wth mortgages if you search hard enough.

Dunstable can be very cheap - but you have obviously the commute to MK - which if one of you doesnt drive can be an issue, plus its still dunstable! At the end of the day having lived in a village just outside mk, I dont think its worth saving £5k to be honest - it isnt much of a saving for the loss of benefits. Taxi Costs if you haev a night out rise dramatically, no local shop, no 24hr tesco near by, no home delivery for food, theres a lot of stuff not available to you.

I would be suprised though if you find any better value property than those designed for key workers.

I rearly dont mind the travel part, will be o.k when Kady can drive. We have heard about keyworker homes in Dunstable but dont think Kady wauld go there!

My sister lives in a village called Irchester about 20 miles outside Milton Keynes, Its got a good local shop and and take aways and a rearly nice pub and schools (future planning) and she has a beutiful house.

She has allways said to me that she cauld never afford to live in MK again because she cauldnt afford a house of the same size back in MK.

*Totally off topic but this is my 1000 post biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />*

Good luck with the looking Luke - I'm sure you'll work something out smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

...this thread made me wonder how much I would be looking at to get a house back where I come from (Bath):

Bath And North East Somerset - Average Cost

Detached: £375,822

Semi-detached: £237,353

Terraced: £218,434

Flat: £182,584

Yikes!! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Better get saving...

Just so you know, the average age of the first time buyer is now 33.

The average deposit is £29,000

If you save up £100 a month you'll have about £13,000 in 9 years time - not anywhere near the amount of the average deposit at the minute, never mind the average deposit in 9 years.

I'm single, but live in the North - I can't see my 20k a year job getting me a house sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Good luck to you both though as everyone who does it says it's worth it in the end!

Just so you know, the average age of the first time buyer is now 33.

The average deposit is £29,000

If you save up £100 a month you'll have about £13,000 in 9 years time - not anywhere near the amount of the average deposit at the minute, never mind the average deposit in 9 years.

I'm single, but live in the North - I can't see my 20k a year job getting me a house sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Good luck to you both though as everyone who does it says it's worth it in the end!

£29,000 deposit ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Thats a shocking amount of money mate!

Telly you what, if you cant get a house on £20k then me and Kady have got no hope! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

£29,000 deposit ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Thats a shocking amount of money mate!

Telly you what, if you cant get a house on £20k then me and Kady have got no hope! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I earn more than a few of my mates including their partners - so where it all goes I just don't know - I'm thinking of buying abroad and flogging it in a few years time to give me some quick cash - we'll see what the Eastern block countries have in store for me lol

that's only the average because people buy houses in london for silly money pushing the average up. i got my house 5 years ago when i was on £15K a year and that included buying a new lupo gti that year too. You might have to move somewhere cheaper and comute but it is possible.

even at minimum wage two people should earn over 20K a year? I'd guess the average for couples buying houses together is probably over £50K

Edited by Crusoe