Removing Tints

I recently got pulled by the cops for having illegal tints (too dark), fined £30 and told to take them out. I managed to take them out but now the windows are still covered in a glue residue which is preventing my windows from operating properly.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to get it off? Ive tried loads of different products for cleaning products, white spirits and even a sticky stuff remover but none of them work, the only one which has made any difference is nailvarnish remover but even that took about 4 hours to clear part of the window and i just ended up with a banging headache and a cold hand from the fumes!

Any suggestions would be good confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

To take tint off, you really need a hair dryer to heat the tint as you peel it.

As that is too late to do, white or metholated spirt dabbed on the window and lefte for about 30sec before a stanley blade is used on the glass.............worked a treat for me.

Edited by mike_m

couldnt you ask thepeople who tinted your windows to help??

They're based in Angelsey In Wales and im in Manchester so a little far to go unfortunately

To take tint off, you really need a hair dryer to heat the tint as you peel it.

As that is too late to do, white or metholated spirt dabbed on the window and lefte for about 30sec before using a stanley blade is used on the glass.............worked a treat for me.

I wish i'd thought of using the hairdryer method instead of just ripping them off in temper now!! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I was going to use a stanley blade but was worried i'd scratch my windows, I'll give that a go instead

Cheers for the advice matey!!

Keep the ideas coming just incase theres an even better way!

i used a widow scraper and sum tar remover...

Where did you get the tar remover from? Any particular brand?

thanks

But arent those just ways to remove the film and glue together?? Ive already taken the film off its the remaining glue thats the problem, as i never used heat or anything before i took it off blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />