GTI INFO

bazilbrush

Hi

Im of to see a lupo this week and want to no if it’s a good price or not

It’s a 03 plate 19,000miles

Extras=sunroof

Colour raven blue

One more thing what happens with the warranty when you buy a car not from a vw garage. Can you still take you’re car to one or not or is it a case of you take you’re car back from where you bought it. Just not sure about taking my car back to a different garage if something goes wrong

wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

not sure about the price, but as for the warranty its quite simple, i recently brought a gti with extended warranty (from a private seller) and in the back on the warranty handbook he gave me it says you need to send off the form within 14 days of change of ownership and pay £17 and it will be transfered to your name. once this has been done (asuming its a VW warranty) you can go to any VW dealer with a warranty claim and get them to sort out the problem....

if its not a vw warranty you will need to confirm with the warranty company if you can change ownership and which garrages suppoert the warranty

if its from an independant dealer garage then 90% of the time the warranty will rememin with that garage an nowhere else...which is crap if u buy the car from scotland and live in devon!!

would be a good idea to check before you buy...

hope this helps

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

did i miss something, nothing on here shows the car or where hes getting it from... just made my brain hurt for a minute...lol

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

It's on the Autotrader website - the only Raven Blue one wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

oh i c lol cheers

And I think that's a nice signature G-Chi-I

Although the lupo sunroof is a quality thing wouldn't you rather go for a car with aircon or leather instead? I think one of those options would be more helpful come re-sale time.

If the car is not yet three years old - so long as it has been serviced every 12 months it should still have it's VW warranty and you can take your car anywhere with that. If the garage is offering you a warranty then it sounds like you could have two covers for a while (one with vw until the car reaches 3 years old, the other for a year (?) with the garage you may buy from).

You will have to see if the warranty the garage is offering means any problems have to go back to them as that may/may not be a problem for you.

If its any help the VW garage in Birmingham are going to offer me £6800 for my Gti 24,500 03 black with no extras as its a car they said they wanted. (Via a part ex change on a Smart Fourfor Brabus, the smart garage is next door to the VW one so the smart salesmen asked them instead of sending it to auction).

Jonnycv . . . they are not offering you much for your car - it HAS to be worth more than that - why not put it in the for sale section here? (anything more you can get for it would be a bonus surely?) first refusal to the topic starter on this one.

if its still on the original warranty then it transfers to whoever the owner of the car is until its 3 years, or 60k miles old(whichever comes first)

It doesn't automatically transfer though, you have to ring VW and tell them.

And I think that's a nice signature G-Chi-I

Although the lupo sunroof is a quality thing wouldn't you rather go for a car with aircon or leather instead? I think one of those options would be more helpful come re-sale time.

I plan to keep my lupo until it falls to bits, the leather I have an issue with its light grey therefore 4,5 years time its going to look really dated I my opinion, The aircon

well you have to pay to get it serviced and I have windows & sunroof to put down [breeze on] wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Sounds like a good price, I'd want money off as its got no aircon, but I'd say anywhere around 8k is perfectly fair.

The Sunroofs a pretty rare option, certainly not that many people here have them, I don't think I've ever seen a car in the metal with one fitted.

Edited by AndyW

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Car above SOLD to me god im chuffed,pick it up on sat smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

and the guy who sold me the car is sound,,,,I would much rather go to him than any garage

I'm getting really paranoid about this car I going to be picking up tomorrow only because of the other thread in here about [new clutch 50k]

I was reading it and one of the topics that came up was about a really light clutch. When I took a test drive the clutch was extremely light now im getting worried I don’t know why [am I just paranoid]

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

if the biting point is very high it COULD be a sign the clutch is on its way out.

GTi has hydraullic clutch, so if it you are used to cable that may be why it feels different.

Just tryin to be optimistic here smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

if the biting point is very high it COULD be a sign the clutch is on its way out.

GTi has hydraullic clutch, so if it you are used to cable that may be why it feels different.

Just tryin to be optimistic here smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Never new that but yes im used to a cable clutch so mybe thats it ,,,,,,Ill check again where the bite is when i go back thank you biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />