GTI Rear Speakers

i don't wanna drill holes! wanna be able to put it all back to standard if i come to sell her! so do i buy 6.5'' or 5.5'' components?

you can definetly stick some components in the back of your GTi without drilling as you already have holes for them.

even if you did drill its gonna be covered by the trim panels.

Angle Grinder?!

if you cant use the angle grinder youre gonna be there for a while with a file, shopping seems a good alternative, perhaps you could send her on a booze cruise to france for the weekend. get some cheap alcohol, and rear speakers.

I didn't want to drill mine either but its only four tiny 4mm holes and i couldn't figure out another way of doing it as a thin adaptor ring made the speaker touch the cover. You wouldn't see the holes if you put the originals back on because of the mounting ring on the speaker.

tbh the standard speakers are great if you use an aftermarket head unit and set the high pass crossovers so that not much bass is coming through the speakers, and then use a sub in the boot for the bass.

i am running an alpine 9855r head unit, standard front and rear speakers, and then a focal sub in the boot powered by a 200watt rms kicker 120.2 amp bridged.

the whole setup sounds great.

• 4 weeks later...