Petrol Leak

bullwinkle

Up until recently I got around 220-230 miles to the tank before the light comes on. In the last month however, this has dropped to around 205. The current tank looks be be even worse, possibly 185-190.

I can't smell any petrol around the car and there's no leak (as far as I can tell).

I always fill the tank to the brim.

The last time I filled it, I noticed that the needle was ever so slightly below the Full marking.

Anyone else had this?

Any ideas welcomed.

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Ha, the old petrol gauge not registering full conundrum. Don't let it bug you, otherwise you'll have sleepless nights forever, no matter what you do it will never quite read full. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

As for the tank range, in recent weeks my average miles to the tank has also been around the 200 mark, filled up yesterday and it only lasted 180. I do about a 50/50 mix of really crappy town driving (think Central London at rush hour, its that bad) and fast Autoroute driving.

I'm glad someone else has posted this query aswell , my MPG has been apalling! Always seem to be filling it up. I used to drive around in 5th gear on 30 mph roads ( 5speeder) but now I don't do that because someone mentioned i'm making the engine work too hard?

But yeah mine does seem to be alot worse in this cold weather. I also thought it might be to do with my

K n N filter because I am quite rev happy now.

Hammertime

I'm not sure how its been in cold weather over a long period of time in the past as its only this winter that I've run it constantly. Last winter it was back in the UK and I only used it for a couple of weeks at Christmas, I recall it being less, but not exactly how much.

Why would it use more fuel when its cold.

Can't remember happening last winter.

Colder air is more dense I suppose! That's why your car always seems to run better and faster on cold foggy mornings smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Im lucky to see 150 to a tank and thats town use surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />

But drove to get my new rims on the weekend and got 200 miles out of 1/2 tank, i was most suprised

Im lucky to see 150 to a tank and thats town use surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />

I promise to never complain about my milage again.

blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

i get about 210 to 220 to a tank, mind you that is going every so slightly to the red!!! prob looking at 25 to 28 quid at most to fill up (optimax as well!) biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />