Noisy door

arran

Really horrible clacking/clicking noise coming from the passengers door hinge when opened sounds like the bolt that joins it on to the car. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

The part of the hinge attached to the door appears to move side ways and the bolt and part of the hinge on the car stays still. Any suggestions?

Its reasonably tight, same as the drivers door which looks the same, but sounds ok.

Just worried I’m doing it more damage by not sorting it.

Thanks in advance,

Arran

I had this problem a while ago, all you need to do is loosen the bolt off a bit then do it back up nice and tight. If you get someone to take the weight off the hinge whilst you do it it will tighten up easier. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Really horrible clacking/clicking noise coming from the passengers door hinge when opened sounds like the bolt that joins it on to the car.  sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

The part of the hinge attached to the door appears to move side ways and the bolt and part of the hinge on the car stays still. Any suggestions?

Its reasonably tight, same as the drivers door which looks the same, but sounds ok.

Just worried I’m doing it more damage by not sorting it.

Thanks in advance,

Arran

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On mine it was the disintegration of the plastic bush through which the door bolt passes that was causing the noise. If you are out of warranty and can get this replaced with a metal one it'll save you fifteen quid for new one. Admittedly I was lucky - my dad is an engineer and turned a brass one up on a lathe.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help!

Sorry I didnt get back, had a run in with an HGV apparently my Lupo got so small he couldnt see it, I dont know. Had to swerve to miss him unfortunatly i hit the kerb and, well lets just say I needed a new radiator hehe.