Rev limiter?

Bikerz

Andi was just saying how its got one, so what does it kick in at? i didnt realise, oversily not driving it fast enough tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Don't know off hand, but you could always just try revving it til it kicks in.

Wouldn't do that to mine though!! Lol. I'd guess it's probably just a bit after the redline.

With most VWs it's where the redline starts (i.e. you can't take it into the red).

Not sure what that is at on the sport, probably around 6,500rpm at a guess.

Don't try and find it by revving the nuts off it in neutral - it'll overshoot and you'll probably end up with a lump of mangled metal instead of an engine, and will certainly cause the ECU to make a note that your warranty is invalid.

Perfectly safe to find it in second gear though - be aware that if you're not expecting it it feels like you've hit a brick wall biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yes but if you had a remap and undid what VW did.

A bit more fuel and a nice gulp of air and there would be wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ive not had time to search for long today, but I havn't been able to find out if raiseing the limiter is possable.

Did you get in touch with JBS like I suggested in the other thread Shelden?

Iv got a Polo ace chip in my GT and its made a big diff. He know offers a new chip where he can set ur limmiter acourding to your engine mods.Will be upgradin to one of them wen i get some mods biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Paddy(cant be botherd logging in as myself)

Edited by Miss_Sport_16v

140 indicated is about 127 actual, or at least it would have been on mine.

Maybe nobody's hit the limiter in 6th on a GTI is because nobody's nutty enough to do an indicated 140mph in the UK laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Maybe nobody's hit the limiter in 6th on a GTI is because nobody's nutty enough to do an indicated 140mph in the UK laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

M50. *Cough

During the very early hours, its a good playground. I got the speedo to go past the 135 mark, which was about 129 on the road angel. Didn't get to 140. ran out of steam...

Had my sport at an indicated 125, but there was still more revs left and it was pulling. IMO, the limiter will stop you before wind resistance does.

Anyone else found there's a really annoying lag on the rev counter, particularly in 1st. I hit the limiter totally by mistake once as I changed up at an indicated 5500, but the needle just kept on rising after I'd taken my foot off the accelerator till it went dang, dang, dang and finally dropped!

i deffo hit the limiter in 6th could feel it jerking the car slightley and i was way up the red

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

must have been downa fookin big hill mate blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The Gti has a smooth cut limiter, no stuttering or juddering, just a smooth cut out much like in a diesel.

Had mine at 140mph indicated but not on limiter, felt like the car had "brick walled" due to drag though maybe on a downhill could touch limiter as was very close.

*When at 140mph indicated the engine note changed to a deep bark. Was wierd as in 1st-5th if you floor it, the engine keeps accelerating until the limiter but in 6th the note just suddenly changed and the revs stopped climbing. Took quite a while to get to this speed as well. (The runway was running out...lol).

My needle goes up to about ****rpm dont know what is going on there. I am a bit of a Redline addict, one day it will go pop. Redline in 4th gear in a sport is about a ton.

Edited the rpm more like 6750rpm, hard to see with the steering wheel in the way. Thats my excuse. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Gavs_arosa16v

Our little 1.0 does 170 on a cold day. And yet somehow manages to return 54 to the gallon doing it!! Amazing huh?!