new car!!! yay...almost...

big_chris1981

so, i pick up the lupo gti yesterday....and things dont go well.....

hsbs (my bank) decided theyre not going to honour a bankers draft from the royal bank of scotland..and when i ask to speak to a supervisor to have this explained to me, the lady in bangalore, says no, and then hangs up on me....

...so we eventually get the payment sorted and i leave and go home....and they cant find one of the keys....anywhere....so im not very happy but i leave anyway....all the way home theres a rattling.

so, look in the boot, and someone has snapped both of the battery cover clips clean off....and also nicked the tyre compressor and the tool kit....bits that were there when i took it on a test drive...and the battery cover wasnt broken either...

so i phone the dealer this morning and it looks like it should get sorted...theyre gonna find the missing toolkit and compressor, and get me a new battery cover...and a new key.

can anyone guess what a new transponder key for a lupo gti costs? arghhh what have i bought?!

I know how much a key costs smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And most peoples battery covers are broken, and some have their compressors missing!

BUT sounds bit weird that they were all there. Good luck, hope it goes better next time you pick it up!

I know how much a key costs smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And most peoples battery covers are broken, and some have their compressors missing!

BUT sounds bit weird that they were all there.  Good luck, hope it goes better next time you pick it up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

£190!!! but theyre gonna get me a new one for fre...phew!

the annoying thing is that the battery cover wasnt broken when i took it for a test...cos i took it off and put it back on after id had a nose.....so im guessing theyre not too gentle with their servicing.....

also im pretty sure i saw one of the young spotty service buys putting a small blue compressor shaped box into the back of his saxo......but hey theyre replacing that as well biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

if it gets sorted i'll be happy....if not i'll name and shame the dealership! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

those compressors are handy and quite expensive so a lot of people take them when they sell them on, always worth checking for. Clips on the battery are a comon failure so not much of a worry. Hope you get all the little details sorted out adn enjoy your new purchase, i get my new toy tomorrow smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Mine came with compressor & bag-o-squirty-stuff as it should.

Mine didn't have locking wheel nuts though - I had to talk the dealership into giving me a set FOC. Bit of a cheek considering they would've been fitted as standard...

Its a slightly broken battery cover now though, but it doesn't rattle so I'm not too bothered.

second hand, but one i bought looks good as new - seems legit, the guy buys surplus stock from VAG

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, probably the pikey who's taking them out of all the used lupos and flogging them on for a little money on the side laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Mine came with compressor & bag-o-squirty-stuff as it should.

Mine didn't have locking wheel nuts though - I had to talk the dealership into giving me a set FOC. Bit of a cheek considering they would've been fitted as standard...

Its a slightly broken battery cover now though, but it doesn't rattle so I'm not too bothered.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mine came with two sets of locking wheel bolts, as the original wheels got stolen whilst it was on the forecourt!!! only one of the tabs on the battery cover is broken, but i did that!! anyway, my car seems to spend more time in the garage than me driving it, so i can't really break much more!!!

Reading this thread promted me to have a look in the boot of mt GTI which I only got a couple of weeks ago. Luckily I have the compressor, can of foam and tools but does anyone know what is supposed to be in the large square cut out under the grey strap as seen in my pic lupo_boot.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

No problem biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> The same questions probably get asked alot with new members!

Yup, got that. Its in the cut out just under the spanner (thin wire thing with a circle and hook if that's what your meaning?)

the big hook-shaped bit is for a screw-on towing eye, tho don't think it applies to lupos

i also think that the square area under the strap could be used to keep the owners manual there?!

whoot...all getting sorted.....the compressor has magically reappeared after the salesman went and threatened the pikey in the service dept.

and the other bits are on order biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

yay!

picked it up yesterday..already done 200 miles.....love it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />