Pedal Box Going!!

Ok guys thanks to everyone who replied to my post to give me the symptoms of a Pedal Box Failure, I now know that mine is on its way out.

I rang the Stealer here on the Isle of Wight and they were most unhelpfull (what do we expect!!)

First the numpty on the phone told me that it was a problem on the Polo and not the Lupo! I then told him about this site and that there are people on here who have had the same problem.

He then told me that because I have not had a FSH at that garage it might not be sorted for free as they would have been able to pick it up as they check them when they service a car! Considering he said that its not a problem on the Lupo its quite suprising that they would check the pedal box during a service!!

Then I was told that they would need the car for a WEEK so that they could take pics and send them off! After telling him that we need the car so the wife can get to work he has agreed for me to drop it off on Monday morning and collect it in the evening.

This is where I need your help, all of you who have had the Pedal Box replaced or repaired by either yourselves or a Stealer please can you reply to this topic with the Garage who did the work for you, if you did it yourself then I will just count you on my list to show numpty at the local stealers that it IS a problem on the loop too! Thanks guys.

i have had this problem

i had it replaced under warranty by Dane Motors VW in Chester

they gave me a courtesy car straight away, i went in, saw the service manager and he said it was a very common problem therefore he would take the car in and give me a courtesy car.

first he quoted me a few days but then rang me and told me that there were no pedal boxes in the country as so many ppl had the same problem

so it was on back order in germany

then a week after he rang me again and told me that they had no pedal boxes in germany and were not being produced at the time and meaning that i had to wait till they started to manufacture them again

so a few days became a total of 8 wks

yes 8 wks, my car was stood in their carpark during all that time

i didn't mind one bit though as they kept me posted via phone calls and also they told me that i could keep the courtesy car until my car was fixed and VW would pay the bill for the car.

so 8 weeks later i got a phone call to tell me that the pedal box had arrived and that the car would be ready for me to collect

they also asked me if i wanted the clutch to be changed as they said that the release bearing was worn and was under warranty so they would change the release bearing under warranty and then i could pay for the clutch plates and they would fit it for me without having to pay for the labour as they had to change the release bearing anyway

so when i got it back everything was fine on it

they were a really good dealers, although a week later my steering column became loose as something wasn't tightened up properly as the steering column had to be removed to change the pedal box

the steering column was then replaced under warranty again and i have had no problems since

i have taken my custom to the same dealers due to their excellent customer service.

its a shame they are far and few between.

they all act nice when you buy the car and then sod you off when you have a problem.

ive had this vw in york said thay would need it for two days but the night befor i was to take iti was filling it up with petrol went to set off and would not go in to gear i had to push it to the garage next door thy said thay would do it this is dec 15th so money was tight so thought yep let them do it saves getting it toed to york what a feck up that was i got it back xmas eve and costs 386 i could of had it toed and fixed for a tener less with vw . had to take it back as had a click from the steering cloum told them it was was not like this when i droped it off they said they would look they did said they had fixed it then had the cheek to say the bill was 90 quid i told them to get ****ed said if u dont want watch dog on your door give me my keys and i wont come back here they said ok and i got my car back lets just say the garage has been taken over

Ok guys thanks to everyone who replied to my post to give me the symptoms of a Pedal Box Failure, I now know that mine is on its way out.

I rang the Stealer here on the Isle of Wight and they were most unhelpfull (what do we expect!!)

First the numpty on the phone told me that it was a problem on the Polo and not the Lupo! I then told him about this site and that there are people on here who have had the same problem.

He then told me that because I have not had a FSH at that garage it might not be sorted for free as they would have been able to pick it up as they check them when they service a car! Considering he said that its not a problem on the Lupo its quite suprising that they would check the pedal box during a service!!

Then I was told that they would need the car for a WEEK so that they could take pics and send them off! After telling him that we need the car so the wife can get to work he has agreed for me to drop it off on Monday morning and collect it in the evening.

This is where I need your help, all of you who have had the Pedal Box replaced or repaired by either yourselves or a Stealer please can you reply to this topic with the Garage who did the work for you, if you did it yourself then I will just count you on my list to show numpty at the local stealers that it IS a problem on the loop too! Thanks guys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my pedalbox failed on my 2000 sport, dealer JCT600 Wakefield were honest that there was a problem with them. New one fitted in 2 days, mind you that problem was only minor compared to everything else that broke/ squeaked/ fell off.

• 3 weeks later...

My pedal box also went, vw stealer also tried telling me it was a noted polo fault and not a lupo problem. hmmm, not a lupo problem? come and show me how to get my car into gear then you bender cos ive obviously forgot how to work a clutch!!!

My pedal box also went, vw stealer also tried telling me it was a noted polo fault and not a lupo problem. hmmm, not a lupo problem? come and show me how to get my car into gear then you bender cos ive obviously forgot how to work a clutch!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is this a common fault on all Lupos, just most of you seem to have 1.4 sports. I cant think that there is a difference but thought id ask anyway. (and hope mine doesnt go!)