Another new ride!

Tigz™

I was going to go on a direct access.

But the attitude of these people is shocking.

I went to see a mate of a mate.

I was offered 20% off.

Great I thought.

Got there and jumped on the bike, and drove round some cones.

The last bike I had was an off roader, so I started to stick my leg out.

He pointed out that I shouldn't do that, I said yes I know, I knew it as soon as I had done it.

I did one more lap, and have not done it since.

He wouldn't trough the CBT in for free.

Even though I could do it the same day as I start a direct access.

He desided because I had stuck out my leg, I would need 4 days instead of 3.

Come on, other than that my bike control was perfect.

Dont like to get ripped off as you know, so told him it didnt matter and called all the local ones.

I then called the guy who I did my CBT in 1996.

Come on its only 9 years.

How can it have gone up 100%?

That was the guy on the school ground in town.

Id rather ride a 250cc bike for two years than give them any of my money.

I have to work for a living.

Why in Gods name do I have to pay for there (sp?) R1?

If we are honest who here learned to drive off there instructor?

Im pretty sure none of us.

We learnt to drive through near misses that tought us to get better.

Them bits where you hit the apex on every bed for longer than two corners.

If I did my direct access I would get on the GS, finish the winter off.

Then buy myself a Speed Four.

By summer Id be dead.

No question.

I drive the Lupo flat out everywhere I go.

One of the biggest reasons I dont want a 1.8T is because I would be sensable and run 170bhp.

A week later it'd be on the dyno and I'll be driving home with 300hp.

Id meet a M5.

Then die.

See my point?

I like my little bike.

Only washed it once.

Looks cool mucky biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Tigz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

****** me Andi...I thought I was good at ranting!!! Lol

I think the 33bhp restriction is a good idea. I was due to take my test a few weeks before it came into force, but came off and fractured my arm, so when I did get to take it, I was under the restriction. That being said, I was riding around on a slightly over-powered bike, but it was a toss up between that and an old CB1000 with all race parts. On that I would have died, and if I hadn't been under the restriction I would have bought it instead.

One thing I will say though is that bike lessons are massively different to car lessons. You learn crap all in a car. You learn merely how to control the machine, NOT how to drive well. On a bike, you spend the CBT learning how to control it, and the rest of your lessons learning how to ride well.

I too was told I would need to do a 5 day DA course instead of a 3 day because I'd never ridden a bike before. As a result I didn't do my DA course cos I couldn't afford the five day one. Later through my training they conceeded that they think I would have been absolutely fine on the 3 day course. How pissed off was I?? Very, as you can imagine.

I still think you should stick with the 125 as it is. Ride it for 1-2 years (during which time you'll get thoroughly frustrated, but you'll stick with it cos you're sensible enough). Then use the GS. It'll be quick enough to put a big grin on your face, but not so quick as to be dangerous. Then you'll get frustrated again, but yourself an R1 and kill yourself. But hey, at least you lasted an extra few years!! Lol.

I still think the 250 transplant for the sake of a year or two is pointless. You'll have immense fun on the 125 and will learn the art of cornering properly, cos you'll need to in order to get anywhere quickly!! That'll make you a much better rider, and God knows, we could do with some of those mate.

see your point i did my cbt when was bout 16 and half bout waited till was 17 got nsr 3months later in ditch end of riding started driving instead and have not done to well with that . here you go pic of my bro's bike http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/noddy1/3aea143b.jpg

i love this bike

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Yeah, NSR's and TZR's and the like were always mad. Funny, cos the Aprilia RS's are very comparable in power and handling etc, yet seem much more tame. Not that I've ridden one, but that's the impression I get!

the nsr was a pig testride was down a strate road it was fast i wanted it stard to ride it it hated bends sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Noddy that bike is fantastic.

Thats a proppa SuperMoto!

Tell your bro Im very jelious lol

Steve cheers for the advice. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I thing the thing that the NSR lacked was the handleing from what Ive read.

The RS seems to be rated as one of the best (if not the from some Ive spoke to) handleing bikes ever made.

But how can they be that expencive!

Its a 125 for Christ sake.

Its designed to be crashed a few time at low speed.

100mph on a 125!!!

They're mentle!

I think Id also be dead on one of these lol.

its for sale think his looking at bout 2000 for it and it does the ton its just a little windyer then the rs

Me and my mates thought about getting one each cos you'd just have mega fun without doing silly speeds but (a) I'm skint and (cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> I'm fat and 6'1", so no chance really. Will just stick to the starship enterprise!! Lol.

lol my dad on the ktm is funny as his as big as you bike dont like it. but goes like stink with my bro tho as he's only 10 stone wet but is a hell of a lot of fun i just smile all time i'm rinding it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> but it has every thing a 17 year old draem's off brembo brakes braded hose's fat back tire the front tie is the same size as an rs 50's back and sounds better to and looks like nothing there mates have

an rs 250 is ment to be a gp bike with reg plates theres a guy round here with one arm who has one and has had it re jetted and race zorst it goes like stink .

nota big fan of the 125 as common roud here and i live on the a19 so there all i can hear all night . has any one been to the milk bar in sherburn thats a good meet on wed and sun

Used to go down S-i-E when I lived in Leeds. It was starting to get a bit silly though, and that was 8 years ago. Maybe it's calmed down a bit now. Hope so cos it was a nice run with a nice destination.

• 6 months later...

It broke down again, so I parked it up at a infant school.

Gone back a few hours later and its gone.

Only got 3rd party insurance. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edited by Tigz

You couldn't have pushed it or anything?

Not that it's much help suggesting that now.

They can't have got that far with it unless they stuck it in a van etc. And when they ride it they won't get far either!

I feel pretty stupid.

Its broken down about 3 times in the last few weeks, so my Boss was wanting me in work.

Should have just paid for a recovery, but hey what can you do.

Not got any insurance, as only third party only.

No cash 9f_1_b.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

dc_1_b.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Futura 125 AF1

91-93, 125cc, 2-str single, 12bhp, 75mph, 50mpg, 140kg (308lb) INS 6

The old AF1 re-invented itself as the Futura in 1991. Like its predecessor, it can be obscenely fast when derestricted. Slight weight advantage over the original gives a marginal improvement in acceleration and top speed.

Not the same bike, but the same colour.

Looks much better with this exhaust

aprilia-af1-90-bikepics-293586.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

lmao at the TZR, almosted bidded on one, and remembered even the new ones are crap lol