AMD Stage 1 remap completed!!

Lynsey

Yes I've finally done it!!

Spent this afternoon at AMD in Bicester having my remap done!! After my taster of REVO back in february, I couldn't leave my car standard any longer AMD_RR_BHP.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

TORQUE

AMD_RR_Torque.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I know, before you say it, this isn't as high a reading as they quote! They told me that all cars they've RR'd today have been giving slightly odd/under-reading results, they believe is down to it being humid and too hot in the garage today. I'm therefore allowed back for a re-run should I require it.

Then again my car just might be a tad crap PICT0867.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT0868.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT0869.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT0870.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Total price was £646.25 but sod it, I have the money and now the power so I'm not complaining biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Top afternoon! Now I'll stop waffling, thanks for reading!!

Bloody hell, that's alot of cash, but sounds like it'll be great fun. Does the Loop 'learn' your driving style? The Passat does (which I've been thinking of chipping for a long time), and it means it may well get slightly quicker as it adapts to your driving style.

Top move though

It's the gain in torque that'll make the real difference, and that's a pretty noticable increase in torque

Nice one! don't you have a couple bhp spare for me? only using 60 at the moment laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by Blue Loop

Thats not a bad result at all.

Agree, the £600 price tag seems a little steep imo but like you say, you have the cash, and they have got a great result.

And just like the petrol remap.

Theres that dip in touque again.

Wonder whats causeing that.

We'll have to see what she'll do at pod now mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nice power graph yes and the lupo looks well smart but i thought superchips was only about £300 why pay £600 odd for AMD

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Superchips are £511 plus vat according to their website.

Jabbasport chipping is the way forward!

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh thats probably in london too.

That's ahealthy increase in power as a percentage of what you had before, must be about a 20% gain surely?

I think it's worth the money for sure.

Good on you mate for getting it done.

Wait a sec so am i right in reading tigz's post that its been remapped twice?

And at a local show where superchips was advertised the bloke told me that most cars will only be about £300 to do are diesels or volkswagons more expensive because it gets done through serial port or what?

Any chance of a 0-60 figure if you dont mind because i noticed this one below the other night and my mate recons theres no chance without nos

http://clubarosa.clublupo.co.uk/yc1.htm

thanks

wayne

AMD seem very expensive on the TDI for some reason.

Revo did a 5 hour trial remap on Lynsey's car, during which time she got it rolling-roaded. It put out more power than stock, but the figures were disappointing compared to what Revo advertised.

119bhp seems a lot from just a remap, induction kit and exhaust. If it really is putting out 119bhp, that quarter-mile time of 16.4 seconds seems about right, but I'm not sure about the 0-60 time - depends if the TDI will do 60 in second gear or not.

why is it so much dearer than the Revo remap?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No idea why its so much dearer - ok so if I call it £550+VAT (as per AMD's website) it don't sound so bad as £646 laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Revo results for me were 96 bhp and 174 lb torque (no-where near their quoted figures). I gained approx 16 bhp and just 10 lb torque over what I had already as standard.

AMD quote increase of 22bhp and 25 lb torque.

AMD results gave me 99.2 bhp and 184 lb torque. So I think I made the right decision biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Quoted from an email they sent to me whilst my decision making was in progress, when I quizzed them over the results I had from Revo and whether they could do better...

...We are not in a position to cast in stone numbers, that is why we say gains are approximate, we do however have the ace card in all of this. We are soft ware originators where as Revo at Stealth has no choice but to use a one size fits all map, no good if the car is already quick from stock. We then emulate the car until the required power is achieved still making sure we stay within the parameter of factory safety levels.

well working it out its about £27 each 1 bhp which doesnt sound that bad against a full stainless exhaust and induction kit but can more bhp be gained with an exhaust and induction kit or does this car already have them considering it hardly looks standard

I imagine more power could be gained with an exhaust then a custom remap, but if you were to custom remap then put an exhaust on it would probably be the same as just a custom remap as it would effect things slightly having less back pressure etc.

A german company quote 100ps after remap alone

or

115ps after High Flow Cylinder filter (direct replacement), Free Flow Exhaust, and then a custom remap.

i mailed the local jabbasport dealer about their custom remap service (£450) if they do this service then i'll probably get myself a Free flow panel filter, and remove the centre box to give my exhaust a bit more less back pressure before going in for the remap.

TBH i doubt the filters / exhausts do much, no where near what a chip would do anyway. Im gonna get the bmc panel filter for mine, see what its like.

Lee.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Expect to pay more for your replacement BMC filter than most other cars, as the lup tdi uses a cylindrical air filter as standard, as aposed to a flat panel.

If you get the BMC, I'll go for a green. we can compare results smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by nfbr