I am thinking of getting a Lupo Gti.

Russellp

I am currently looking into getting a lupo Gti. I am hoping to have a test drive next saturday. I am looking at getting a silver or Red one. Does anyone know how Flash Red differs from the currently offered Tornado Red? Does anyone have or know where I can see a picture of both the colours? For those that own a gti in either of the reds are they easy to look after.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No difference as far as I remember, wasn't even aware there were two different reds. There are also two different silvers, and the difference between the two was very very minor. I've said it a thousand times before, buy it on condition first and foremost.

There's no room for a spare wheel as the battery's in the boot! Instead you get a can of instant repair tyre foam, which in many cases is highly useless, ask Bossjohnc!

Welcome biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

are you thinking of getting a new or a used one?

Where abouts are you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I looking at getting a new one. I down in Surrey. I am currently split between a Red one as they appear to be quite rare, and silver one. My main concern is how tough thre red paint will be in comparison to the metallic silver. Do all Gti's have red calipers and seat belt's?

I can't say that I'd be worried about buying a red car personally. People say they fade, well, red cars fade down here, and only after a good ten to twenty years, a new Lupo, no I wouldn't worry. So long as you look after it, it'll be fine.

Have you looked into whether you can get hold of one I know a few people who have looked into a loop but have had trouble getting the the spec they want etc on a new GTi!!

also welcome to the forum mate and no worries with red at all, as above!!

Edited by Ty

Have you looked into whether you can get hold of one I know a few people who have looked into a loop but have had trouble getting the the spec they want etc on a new GTi!!

also welcome to the forum mate and no worries with red at all, as above!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know the spec that they where going for?

eerrr if I remember rightly it was a sunroof, air con and leather I think in silver or red like yourself but the stealer couldnt find one in any colour at the time maybe he was just a idiot oh wait all stealers are idiots!! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

There's no room for a spare wheel as the battery's in the boot! Instead you get a can of instant repair tyre foam, which in many cases is highly useless, ask Bossjohnc!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tyre1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Welcome to the club. Get red, silvers too common sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Silver....... common? never tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Silver....... common? never  tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anyone got a pic of Lupo Gti that is definatly Tornado Red, as this is the current colour offerd by VW?

Why dont you come and see mine in Selsdon.  Only a few miles up the road for you.

Silver with Red/Black interior

At least it may make your mind up on colour.

Let me know

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I may take you up on that kind offer. I will see what the dealer comes up with and let you know. Do you happen to know what the difference between flash and tornado red is?

I may take you up on that kind offer. I will see what the dealer comes up with and let you know. Do you happen to know what the difference between flash and tornado red is?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the real life 0-60 time as I think that the figure vw put in the brochure are usually a bit slower than the actual time. ALso what is the bhp per tonne?

According to the Knowledge in the back of EVO its 128bhp/ton and 8.3 0-60. I seem to remember Autocar once recorded its 0-100-0 figure, which is much more interesting, but I can't seem to find that anywhere.

8.3 is VW's book time to 60 though, and I've never seen anyone get a 0-60 that slow at an event (e.g. GTI International) that I can remember. I do recall a couple of silver GTIs going up a strip in a video (Matt and Ian perhaps?), and both getting sub 8 seconds, I think the faster one was around 7.7/6