I am thinking of getting a Lupo Gti.

Russellp

Cool, I only quoted EVO as I thought they did their own figures, but I gather the knowledge isn't what it used to be in the early days of the mag.

Still, can anyone else think of anything more boring that 0-60 times? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red seat belts are standard in the Gti.

The red/grey interior was a no-cost option when I bought my gti new in 2002 (may have changed now).

0-60 is indeed boring. What you want is mid-range times. The 6 speed is excellent for stuff like 50-70 in third and 60-80 in fourth. Indeed IIRC the 6 speed Gti is quicker through the gears than a Cooper s in many cases.

i'm in pretty much the same boat, as nice as they are in silver the vast majority of GTIs are silver - so I was thinking red or anthracite grey, just to be different (although tom's GTI_I) is nice in black....?? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> unsure.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

i also think you'll find that most people have had quicker 0-60 than vw quote..... wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by jj10

Theres a nice anthracite one for sale on the 'trader at the moment, forget where, but theres a decent picture with the ad.

Go on, my car needs a mate on the forums.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone got any pics of an Anthrecite Gti? never seen one.

Theres a nice anthracite one for sale on the 'trader at the moment, forget where, but theres a decent picture with the ad.

Go on, my car needs a mate on the forums.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone got any pics of an Anthrecite Gti? never seen one.

look on VW.co.uk used section theres a lupo gti in grey (nice pic) and one for £11995 labled as black but it's actually grey (s*it pic in the rain)

I'll give you a clue, my sig wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks great in that colour. Are there any in any other colour than red, black, silver, blue or grey?

Andy - could you post some pics?? The VW ones are pretty sketchy...?

cheers

I could be very sarcastic and say, pay attention to the above posts, but because you asked nicely luporearbeach.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And of course it gives me excuse to post a picture of my car, and I'm happy about that.

He he, yeah, I very much fancied a Raven Blue, imho, it looks better than my Grey, certainly in pictures, and its more obviously a GTi, the blue shows off the lines better. However, I love the sleeperness of the grey, its not instantly obvious what your looking at, and thats my sort of car, I'd de badge it, but I like them wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />.

Interesting AndyW fact, I've test driven every different colour Lupo GTi except a silver one. Although saying that, I did drive MattyB's at an EVO meet once.

the grey is really nice like, especially in that pic, the sun really lights the metallic up on the bumper. ive never seen one in the flesh. thats why i kinda chose the blue over the black, as i think it shows the lines, bumper etc off really well.

Looks like my decision on what colour and spec has been made for me. After talking to my local dealer today, I was told that VW are no longer taking factory orders for the Lupo Gti. There are also none available from stock in Tornado Red and their a none in any colour available with Leather.

As they haven't got any in on their fleet the closet I seem to be able to get is as a passenger with the salesman in a lupo gti before the person that has bought it takes delivery. Any suggestions anybody?

Edited by Russellp

As they haven't got any in on their fleet the closet I seem to be able to get is as a passenger with the salesman in a lupo gti before the person that has bought it takes delivery. Any suggestions anybody?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, firstly, give another dealer a try, just incase. When I bought ordered my car in Feb 2004, they told me they couldn't order any more from VW, and they only had the cars left in the stock system. Being excited, I took their word for it. Sadly, this was a complete lie, as we have had forum members here who have since ordered other cars. Check up on them, as I should have done. Phone other dealers.

If not, then well, did they tell you what was left in the stock system, exact colours and spec?

I wanted leather on my car, but on thinking about it, its an expensive option, and a professional re-trim by an expert will be a better finish and allow greater customisation.

Or you could just put up with the normal trim.

Or you could source a used car with the options you want.

Edited by AndyW

Hello and welcome,

I think this is another colour - unless its raven blue taken in strange lighting

conditions? which looks like the blue metallic that Mini Cooper S s always come in.

MetBLUE.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

its nice but looks a bit girly IMO but anthracite grey is the best colour

(mine is black but that’s because I am too impatient to wait).

According to VW UK you can still order a new one

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like your dealer is talking crap then Russell, I'd certainly take my advice and goto another one and ask about ordering a new one.

Edited by AndyW

Hello and welcome,

I think this is another colour - unless its raven blue taken in strange lighting

conditions? which looks like the blue metallic that Mini Cooper S s always come in.

MetBLUE.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Its either a Raven Blue taken with a very crap digital camera, or its a respray. Infact, it looks a lot like Frans bahama blue respray sport. Certainly not any more colours in the line up other than Flash/Tornado Red, Reflex/Moon Silver, Black, Raven Blue and Grey Anthracite.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ermm.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ermm:" border="0" alt="ermm.gif" /> i hope so!! Won't be ordering mine till next month (IF i buy new??) and i want options!!! rant.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rant:" border="0" alt="rant.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who said this at Vw was it Customer Services or the Press Office? As I have jus spoken to customer servies who said that they are only available from stock. That there was about 5 silver and 3 black gti's with ac available. One newton abbot, one going to guernsy and the rest where all at dealers up north.