1.0S Rosa...

csi_bha

Can the 1.0S rosa be made any faster, like you can with the faster engines, can you get any more out of it? with re-mapping or owt?

Can the 1.0S rosa be made any faster, like you can with the faster engines, can you get any more out of it? with re-mapping or owt?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah put more AA batteries in it that should give the lady shave a bit more power roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

if u can get ur arosa goin quicker than a micra 1.0L or a Yaris 1.0L ur goin well, start firin stuff at it n c wat happens but i wudnt expect mad gains cos at the end of the day its still a 1L

A remap?

I heard of this but couldnt find anything that could be confermed.

Only other thing would be to find a 1.4 engine wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

does the 1.0s rosa have injection or owt? I know its only an 8v 1.0 engine...

Is that what MPI means I take it?

A remap?

I heard of this but couldnt find anything that could be confermed.

Only other thing would be to find a 1.4 engine wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah how you getting on with yours Andi confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Slowly mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Although parts have almost all been sourced now.

Spent a few hours readinglast night, so starting to understand it a little more now.Thanks the Lord for Google.... and Clifford smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

MPI means Multi point Injection. What to do is lower it, stick Toyos on it and take the back seats out, spare wheel. There is absolutely no point in trying to mod the engine m8.

Can you remember me saying to go for the 1.4? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. I. Do. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

However, for me, quotes on even a 1.2 16 were far more expensive, the 1.0 is fine though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What I'd like to know now, is how can I make the handling a little better?

Just so it doesnt feel like its hovering above ground when going fast smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Would it be down to my little 13" wheels causing this?

Would prob be down to the suspension more than anything mate. Nice set of coilys will sort you out wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

first steps when trying to liven any engine up involve breathing, so maybe consider a sports exhaust, al the way up to a 4 branch manifold if possible, and a better filter.

after that, porting and polishing of the head, and some more lairy cams.....your never gonna get huge gains though....

Honestly mate. Spend the money on suspension, wheels and brakes. You'd probably get an absolute max of 10 more bhp out of that engine for silly money, which really isn't worth it. If you got even just a suspension kit rather than coilovers, and some 15s with some sticky tyres, you'd corner so much faster, it'd keep up with most things on a twisty bit of road.

aye thats all i want really smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

so what are good suspension kits?

well if ur feelinmg uber rich, bilstien pss9's are lovely...but over £1k, kw stuff is supposed to be very good, and konis offer a nice firm ride.

fk's and supersports are possibly to be avoided as alot of people on various forums seem to have had quality and longevity issues with them.

its one of those things where you get what you pay for.

if your on a budget dont get coilovers, just get the best uprated dampers and springs you can....something like the koni top adjustable setup, or a mix of koni t/a's and eibach springs....

I heard the Konis are good. The guy with the Yellow Rossa Sport that's tracked up, said they're the cheapest kit Koni make at about £400 I think. TBH, any of the well known brands. If I remember right, Bilstein tend to be a bit softer don't they?