On the look out

Grapo

Hi, cool site you have here smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well i'm on the look out for a Lupo Gti but only really have a budget of about 7k. I was just wondering what sort of spec this would get me. Would i get one with 6speed and AC for around that price. I currently drive an 04 1.2 Seat Ibiza.

All comments welcome

G

You should be able to get a 51/02, 6 speed for around that sort of price.

If aircon is a must then you might have to wait around a bit longer for the right car to come up!

Good luck smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Welcome to the forum, get on 'trader and you'll find a few.

Theres currently a couple of 2001 cars, Silver, with varying mileages for between Ā£6500 and just above the Ā£7000 mark. But this is by far the best sounding car for your budget imho, of those cars online that is:

2001Ā  VOLKSWAGEN LUPO 1.6 GTi 3dr Hatchback,

Petrol, 48,200 miles, . 51-plate, Tornado Red. PAS, ABS, Twin airbags, Remote central locking, Alarm, Xenon headlights, Alloys, Sports seats, VW carpet mats, plus extras of Air Conditioning and VW in-dash 6 CD changer. This car is completely standard, in very good condition and has full VW service history and 4 months MOT. House move forces reluctant sale. Ā£7,250. ono.

Tel: 01283 731737 orĀ  07766 075961

Email:Ā  Email Advertiser

Distance:Ā  32 miles

Price:Ā  Ā£7,250ono.

Welcome to the forum, get on 'trader and you'll find a few.

Theres currently a couple of 2001 cars, Silver, with varying mileages for between Ā£6500 and just above the Ā£7000 mark. But this is by far the best sounding car for your budget imho, of those cars online that is:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, Thanks for the welcomes.

Would love a red Gti and that car looks very nice, however its 125 miles away from me! Silver is the most common colour, it does look good but red or raven blue look great. I understand that Raven blue only came out in 03 as a limited colour, yes? Its unlikely i would be able to afford one of these.

What things must i look for when viewing? Is high milage a problem?

you gotta travel to get what you want dude!

my mate (gti_t) trecked to Coventry to view his THEN to Essex to buy it.......(from manchester) and imo, he got a modded minter for a dirt cheap 7500!!

HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT IT, SOLDIER!!!!!????? angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Edited by jj10

at 12k a year, isnt 48k miles about average...?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasnt saying the one quoted was high milage, i just wondered for future references how well these engines hold up.

Whats the main differences between 5-speed and 6-speed boxes?

Personally, I would rather travel 125 miles to get the right car, than travel 5 miles and get one that was 'just ok'.

Most of the cars on AT at the moment are silver, a couple of Raven blues, didn't notice what they were priced at though. That appeared to be the only red though, they've really become rare recently.

I gather there are all sorts of little differences between the 5 and 6 speed box (one extra gear for one), but frankly, it matters not one jot, buy on condition of the car overall.

Edited by AndyW

ditto - but anything but silver would stand out a bit more.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have only ever seen one Lupo Gti in my whole life, and that was silver. So they are not very common to start with! Colour is probably the last option to consider, much better to get a decent well looked after example in mint condition.

Any views on the different gear boxes?

I'm on the lookout and 13 / 17 that VW have listed are silver, and most on the 'trader aswell, depends where you look.....

A dude called autobahn on here has had both a 5 and 6speeder, i think(???) holla at him.......

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

true, true - especially woth there being only one other gti near you!

Ive seen:- GTI_T (black)

some girl from Stalybridge (Black)

Red gti in Hyde (see 'spotted')

Red gti on the way back from a test drive

so i've not seen a silver one 'in the wild'

soon as I saw mine i thought ive got to have it as well!! starting to think maybe I shouldn't have! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

soon as I saw mine i thought ive got to have it as well!! starting to think maybe I shouldn't have!Ā  tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

dont worry mate long story its posted in car care and maintenance a few of the issues that I have with the car but mainly with VW themselves just an absolute nightmare! the matter is finally sorted but took 3 days worth of calls and rising blood pressure etc to get it done but still love the loop mate dont worry lol! dont let it change your mind its a great car smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> !!

dont worry mate long story its posted in car care and maintenance a few of the issues that I have with the car but mainly with VW themselves just an absolute nightmare! the matter is finally sorted but took 3 days worth of calls and rising blood pressure etc to get it done but still love the loop mate dont worry lol! dont let it change your mind its a great carĀ  smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> !!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any common problems i should look out for?