Lupo GTI - central locking not working, remotely or manually via lock barrel

Red Devil

Update………

Replacement CCM purchased 1/3 from eBay for £30 delivered, arrived earlier in the week. 

Fitted yesterday by my son, all  lock motors work perfectly from key and internal lock button. 

Tonight, re-learnt key to car for remote and now works perfectly  

only been like it for 2 years. 

What a relief, surprising how you get used to remote locking and alarm. 

Thanks to all responses 👍🏼

• 1 year later...

I recently bought 1.4 / 2002 Lupo and I am not sure if I should have a central locking system in the car or not?

All the doors work perfectly with the key, but I was just curious if this model has central locking system and it is just broken.

3 hours ago, volkkari said:

I recently bought 1.4 / 2002 Lupo and I am not sure if I should have a central locking system in the car or not?

All the doors work perfectly with the key, but I was just curious if this model has central locking system and it is just broken.

I believe all models except 'E' had lock operated central locking, the GTI additionally had remote operation as well.

18 hours ago, kt_lou_gti said:

I believe all models except 'E' had lock operated central locking, the GTI additionally had remote operation as well.

Thank you so much. This must be a very stupid question, but how can I find out what is wrong with my cars central lock? Any recommendation where to start?