Sign in to follow this  
davy26

Gti - Replacement Rear Spoiler

Received my replacement spoiler today.  In case in might help someone looking to remove/refurbish theirs, here's what the back of a brand new one looks like ex-factory:

image.thumb.png.fe472426e9ad61a3bb233b126fa2c099.png

Tip. Before painting. Keep in a dehuminified envirment. This will remove any trapped water inside of it.

Mine has not bubbled up since. But i did keep it in this enviroment for about a year.

2 hours ago, weslangdon said:

How much did you pay for it, I've seen new ones for £250 plus, which seems a little excessive

VAT inclusive = £359.96.  6E0 827 933 D GRU.  Ouch, but used are hard to find and usually need a lot of remedial work.  In the end, with my car mostly 90 - 95%, I've thought the expense justified, especially as I managed to negotiate a really good discount.

9 hours ago, weslangdon said:

I looked into this source previously and also contacted the suppliers in Germany - at which time nothing was actually available. The look of these non-factory items is also, to me,  not 'right,' especially if you like to preserve originality in the car.