That_Stock_Arosa

I have a 1.0MPI Arosa 

The EPC light has come on a few times and I’ve lost brake lights completely but I’ve been able to turn the car off and have them come back on. Recently the EPC light came on and the brake lights stayed off. 

I replaced the brake light switch and the lights work. I cleared the EPC Light but every time I clear it, it comes back on after a couple mins of driving or presses of the brake. 

The throttle feels fine and the idle isn’t lumpy. 

Any help appreciated! 

Odd that it’s not giving you a code - I know some code readers won’t properly clear critical safety faults such as breaking or air bags.

Clone VCDS cables can be had pretty cheap on eBay and hopefully will drill down into the problem.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, LR5V said:

Odd that it’s not giving you a code - I know some code readers won’t properly clear critical safety faults such as breaking or air bags.

Clone VCDS cables can be had pretty cheap on eBay and hopefully will drill down into the problem.

Yeah it’s only a £20 reader from EuroCarParts might only read check engine codes? I’ll definitely have to look into VCDS cables. Thanks for your help though :)

• 1 year later...

Hi I got a similar problem, let go to explain...

VW FOX 1.2 with retrofitted LPG system.

Here's what happens: I arrive at my destination, foot on the brake, lights on: I turn the key and take it out of the ignition but the engine does not stop.

At this point the engine switches off if I do one of these two actions:
1 - I turn off the headlights completely (switching from low beam to position the engine remains on)
or 
2 - I take my foot off the brake pedal.

Now, FOX has a switch on the brake pedal and one on the clutch pedal: the brake switch controls the brake lights,
the clutch switch is called the "engine control switch".

It must be said that the LPG system has always been in conflict with the control unit and every now and then the generic engine failure light comes on,
Inside is the one in the shape of a engine.

Every now and then when you open or close the car, the windows lower a little.

Any ideas besides taking the car to the electrician? Should I expect to buy a new ECU?
Could it be a key coding problem that has skipped after so many years?
I need to replace the two switches and see what will happen?

OEM Switches: Brake 6Q0945511  Clutch 1J0927189F

Thank you All

18 hours ago, Rufux said:

Hi I got a similar problem, let go to explain...

VW FOX 1.2 with retrofitted LPG system.

Here's what happens: I arrive at my destination, foot on the brake, lights on: I turn the key and take it out of the ignition but the engine does not stop.

At this point the engine switches off if I do one of these two actions:
1 - I turn off the headlights completely (switching from low beam to position the engine remains on)
or 
2 - I take my foot off the brake pedal.

Is this weird thing also happening with LPG system turned off?

Sadly modern ECU systems are friendly with cheap LPG retrofitments, because they make incorrect fuel adaptations. Every car without intelligent fuel adaptations can run perfectly with LPG system.  However LPG system should have nothing at all to do with switching off your engine.