Beginners Mods

henry.0112

5 hours ago, Rich said:

I was thinking of doing this.

12v cigarette lighter powered fairy lights.

Rich that's exactly what I was thinking, although my cigarette lighter bit is broken ? So I'll have to have battery ones. I might even get a little tree to stick on the dash?

Check the bushes on the rear beam, not really a mod but a few including myself have have to replace the rear beams due to really bad corrosion around the really important bits of the beam so you don't want to be modding when you have possible repairs

1 hour ago, henry.0112 said:

It has had a fairly recent MOT so if they were a problem would they have come up on there? If not which areas do i need to be checking?

cheers

you would be surprised what they miss on a MOT, mine was missed and was only picked up a day later when it went in for a free brake test, on the mot all they whined about was the fact the car was lowered and the rear springs can fall out when the car is jacked up, they also missed the defective rear seat belt and the number plate light was out one side

check my mot post, its got some nice clear pictures of what you don't want to see

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mobieus_uk said:

you would be surprised what they miss on a MOT

Bang on, an MOT is no guarantee of anything at all so never rely on one as proof of a cars road worthiness. They very recently missed very corroded and leaking brake pipes on one of my brothers cars (bmw 320d).