Jump to content
Will Cheyney

Lightning connector for VW Gamma radio

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Since Apple have removed he headphone jack from the iPhone 7 I'm looking to update the connects2 3.5mm audio jack adaptor I have attached to the CD output of my standard VW Gamma radio.

 

Has anyone seen a lightning connector equivalent?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Will Cheyney said:

Hi all,

Since Apple have removed he headphone jack from the iPhone 7 I'm looking to update the connects2 3.5mm audio jack adaptor I have attached to the CD output of my standard VW Gamma radio.

 

Has anyone seen a lightning connector equivalent?

 

Thanks!

Lightning to 3.5mm adapter (Comes with the iPhone 7 anyway)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol. No chance will anyone be making a Lightning adapter for an old GAMMA Radio. That radio hasn't been manufactured since, hmmm, 2005? I mean the very latest, 2005? That makes it 11 years old today. Niche market to say the least.

HOWEVER, you might be in luck. If you fit the old style connects2 Apple adapter, and then use a Poundland 30-pin to Lightning adapter (i've used one for years not that I own an iPhone), they seem to work extremely well, despite there being a big thing online saying they wouldn't work with radios. As far as I can remember, they simply short the information pin which sets your phone into accessory mode, so all the music has to be controlled by the phone itself.

Unfortunately, I was convinced the box was like £50 but they're £200!! Buy a new radio? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-EOS-2006-Car-Stereo-Radio-iPod-iTouch-iPhone-4-4S-Interface-Adaptor-/350903451232?hash=item51b379be60:g:C6wAAOxy1RZSUvo1

Not what you want to hear I imagine, but good luck.

Note: There is another fix...... but it's not for the faint hearted my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Skezza said:

lol. No chance will anyone be making a Lightning adapter for an old GAMMA Radio. That radio hasn't been manufactured since, hmmm, 2005? I mean the very latest, 2005? That makes it 11 years old today. Niche market to say the least.

HOWEVER, you might be in luck. If you fit the old style connects2 Apple adapter, and then use a Poundland 30-pin to Lightning adapter (i've used one for years not that I own an iPhone), they seem to work extremely well, despite there being a big thing online saying they wouldn't work with radios. As far as I can remember, they simply short the information pin which sets your phone into accessory mode, so all the music has to be controlled by the phone itself.

Unfortunately, I was convinced the box was like £50 but they're £200!! Buy a new radio? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-EOS-2006-Car-Stereo-Radio-iPod-iTouch-iPhone-4-4S-Interface-Adaptor-/350903451232?hash=item51b379be60:g:C6wAAOxy1RZSUvo1

Not what you want to hear I imagine, but good luck.

Note: There is another fix...... but it's not for the faint hearted my friend.

How complicated does this need to be? Faint hearted?? 

 

" 'm looking to update the connects2 3.5mm audio jack adaptor

 

Simple answer = you can't get a cable with a native lightning cable on it. Even more of a bargain is using the free adapter that comes with the iPhone. 

Edited by cj1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, cj1 said:

How complicated does this need to be? Faint hearted?? 

 

" 'm looking to update the connects2 3.5mm audio jack adaptor

 

Simple answer = you can't get a cable with a native lightning cable on it. Even more of a bargain is using the free adapter that comes with the iPhone. 

Very true. Only answering the question that was asked :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all. I am using the adaptor at the moment but was wondering if there was anything around that I could update the current setup with. It'll all be fine as it is until I need to charge my phone at the same time as using it for music! :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy an Android :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2016 at 11:42 AM, Skezza said:

Buy an Android :D

The correct way forward indeed Skezza

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.