We now have two Lupos...

mk2

Just bought another SDI, as after a flawless and very frugal year with the first silver SDI, I couldn't pass up the opportunity of getting another that was parked down the road with a for sale sign in the window. Haggled down from £1400 to £750 over two weeks as they couldn't sell it, probably because t was advertised wrong! Ha! :) Didn't really need the car, but hey, good SDIs are hard to find now.

SO for the details:

Poverty spec 53 plate (now that I'm used to the 'S' spec you really notice the difference- especially central locking).

Black. Perfect paint job, no resprays, scuffs or dents.

Interior very good, just needs a valet.

Good gearbox. Can't tell if the pedal box was changed at some point. Clutch is light and smooth like my silver Loop.

No rust in any of the usual spots.

Full VAG history!

Cambelt just changed. Not sure on water pump, idler or tensioner. Need to exlore at some point. Same goes for all service stuff.

87k miles.

I'm the 3rd owner from new.

Door hinges and straps like new.

Tiny dent just in front of the antenna. Drivers window winder missing/snapped off. Dodgy front wheel bearing (are there any that haven't gone?!?!). Broken beesting antenna. Gear shifter gaitor a bit tatty. water in LHS indicator repeator. Needs new disks and pads. Tiny chip in windscreen. Haven't checked below the car yet, but judging by the rest I'm sure all is in order.

Needs Alloys. Needs central locking and 'S' spec seat mechanisms.

The plan is to get this thing back up to new condition, and maybe enhance a few features. perhaps 'cal look' the front and rear bumpers. I'll keep you all posted.

Any other ideas what else I could do with it over the next year?

I think I would miss central locking. I don't think I'd miss electric windows, but yep, remote central, it's a beautiful thing (esp in the rain).