Volkswagen diesels

weslangdon

even bio diesel is a mixture, but on the issue of fossil fuels running out I think that what will happen is that the easier accessible fossil fuels will be depleted but there will always be more out there, possibly in tiny quantities but it will always be there somewhere. If I can make an analogy, the length of the UK coastline is 12,429 kms, but if you try to measure it, every turn, angle, or indent, the number becomes infinite

Because oil dilution inevitably occurs and this causes the turbo seals to go.

Ahh I get you. But the high pressure injectors would gum up way before that. There is a way to technically get past that. You can just change your oil ever y1-3k miles. If your super cool you can filter your oil and stick that in your fuel tank and burn that too! I'd only do that in an sdi or similar aged car but I think that's pretty cool.

Are you using rapeseed?

Edited by Dblock
  • Like 1

Ahh I get you. But the high pressure injectors would gum up way before that. There is a way to technically get past that. You can just change your oil ever y1-3k miles. If your super cool you can filter your oil and stick that in your fuel tank and burn that too! I'd only do that in an sdi or similar aged car but I think that's pretty cool.

Are you using rapeseed?

I only use rapeseed or sunflower. Neither are drying oils, and that's the most important thing. Rapeseed is marginally better.

People who run theirs on GM Soya are playing a dangerous game, because GM Soya is a drying oil.... and the thing that dries it is air and heat. Now I wonder where there's a lot of air and heat on car :shades:

Soybean oil is a vegetable oil extracted from the seeds of the soybean (Glycine max). It is one of the most widely consumed cooking oils. Per 100g, soybean oil has 16g of saturated fat, 23g of mono-unsaturated fat, and 58g of poly-unsaturated fat. As a drying oil, processed soybean oil is also used as a base for printing inks (soy ink) and oil paints.

Hence the reason I think WVO is so risky. You really have no idea what crap you're putting in. GM Soya? Rapeseed? Sunflower? Olive???? Who the **** knows? Only two of those are safe for your car.

Rather than save 60p and have an engine failure down the line. I'd rather save 20-30p and not :)