My Arosa S - conversion of sorts underway

Chrisbee

Hello all, been browsing the site for a little while now, mostly reading the guides and info, but figured i'd post up some pictures of my little arosa.

its an 04 reg completly standard bar a head unit, with 40k on the clock. in pretty good nick but needs some bodywork tidying (women owners before me so says it all..)

the day i got it home.

P131301_22-01-11-1.jpg

P1313_22-01-11.jpg

first polish and clean

P1656_29-01-11.jpg

P165601_29-01-11.jpg

LED number plate bulbs

P1839_08-02-11copy.jpg

LED interior bulb (not a great pic)

P1838_08-02-11.jpg

stubby ariel

P1459_11-02-11.jpg

only issue with this is when driving you pretty much lose all reception, i have seen slightly more expensive ones for sale that claim to keep 100% reception as they have built inf amplifiers, anyone had experiance with these?

after trying some new polish

P1538_05-02-11.jpg

P153801_05-02-11.jpg

hope to add little things to it as i go but with it being such a small engine i don't want to do anything mad, just keep it tidy maybe get it handling better as it does roll a bit LOL

What you guys think?

Edited by Chrisbee

Very nice example you have there. I love the colour :)

Get it on some coilovers and you're on to a winner!

cheers!, its the best colour i think, my brother has a 5 series touring in the same colour and always polishes up so well.

coilovers are on the "to do" list, along with a rear anti roll bar just when the money allows..

Dislike the women drivers comment! Lol

Smart Arosa though :)

all in jest ;)

thanks. i have actually been getting ideas from your thread, mainly the wheels and the carbon wrapping.

Best colour of an Mk2!

Oh **** a B5 Rs4, my actual all time favorite car!!!!

that will be my brothers toy dyno'd at something around the 450bhp mark although it hardly moves much LOL

also has a saph cosworth tucked away somewhere lucky git!

Oooooh what's the plans? :)

lower it fit a rear arb, then a set of wheels, liking your starlights at the moment.

carbon wrapping, my door handles etc are a bit worn so could use covering, just unsure they'll match the rest of the interior so may go with a different colour/style?

It needs the front wing respraying as it looks like its been done before and the paint match is poor plus theres a few rust sports that need sorting so i'll have all the done at the same time, maybe even get the valances colour coded.

thinking about getting a custom exhausts made up as a place near me does them really well, keep it hidden but with a slightly bigger bore so it at least it has a nice note.

if it stops raining i'll take some update pictures as i got some goodies for it today :)

• 3 weeks later...

small update,

Christmas!

P1323_03-03-11.jpg

had to change the coolant temp senor as was comming up with a fault.

P1401_10-03-11.jpg

ooops

P1717_10-03-11.jpg

i haven't ran vagcom on it yet to check if its all cleared but i'm waiting on a few more bits before i do the service.

managed to pick up a trolley jack and axle stands from b&q for £15, can't complain at that price!

• 2 months later...

update time!

clayed and polished the car, came up really nice and smoooooth

P2007_08-04-11.jpg

P1404_09-04-11.jpg

P1410_09-04-11.jpg

fitted headlight protectors, old school cool

P2013_08-04-11.jpg

carbon wrapped door handles, more to come with that

P1709_23-04-11.jpg

painted the drums and calipers

before

P135401_24-04-11.jpg

after

P1510_24-04-11.jpg

Drums

P133001_22-04-11.jpg

P1330_22-04-11.jpg

Changed the old steering wheel for a nice leather one..

P1417_07-05-11.jpg

fitted a new gearknob old one was worn..

P1308_07-05-11.jpg

More parts on their way...

Would you be interested in selling the cup holders? :D

HAhaha, i was going to hang on to them to put back in the car when i sell it, the coin trays are quite sort after :D

i took pictures today with the parts i've fitted today also, i'll upload them later. need to get spome wrapping done :P

parts came today thanks to lupodoz. top bloke:

P1204_21-05-11.jpg

engine before

P1254_21-05-11.jpg

engine after

P1305_21-05-11.jpg

caps make it look much tidier!

stripped the door cards off as the privious owner must of had work done and they didnt refit the sound obsorbers

P1428_21-05-11.jpg

P1507_21-05-11.jpg

had to replace a few broken clips also, all back to to as it was when it left the factory now :D

I also fitted the chrome door lever (still waiting on a drivers side to come) but didnt take a pictures as i'm going to redo the carbon wrap on the door handle so i'll take some when its all done.

coin tray for adam

P1300_21-05-11.jpg

one with the leather steering wheel i forgot to take a pic of before!

P130001_21-05-11.jpg

want to referb the alloys over the summer but need to save the pennies for some suspension upgrades as its rolling all over the place at the moment!

i'm thinking cambridge lights also...

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you get them caps in the engine bay from? Really neatens the overall look and i bet it will keep the water out of there!

ordered them from dale "lupoboz" as theyre a oem part, can be got from any dealer though.

I've just ordered a cutom battery cover with a subtle oem style logo so should make things even smarter!

they also do a sound absorber for under the bonnet (like the lupos have) but i think theyre around the £50 mark!

Edited by Chrisbee

update time

back box was knackard, suddenly noticed the car sounding very laud (actually sounded good!) got the car home and under closer inspection the back box had rusted through the joining pipe and was only held on by the mount.

P1803_28-05-11.jpg

P180301_28-05-11.jpg

the guy i take my car to (gs motosport) said its a common thing as water sits at the back of the box. but he sorted it all out for me and got me a great deal and fitted a new oem part. Gave the car a once over for me so it has a clean bill of health :D

SO ordered myself a custom battery cover, pretty pleaseed with it considering it was cheap! but i may change the logo on it to an oem one.

P1509_10-06-11.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

managed to find these wheels, was a no brainer got them bought :D

P1408_22-06-11.jpg

P1415_22-06-11.jpg

P1416_22-06-11.jpg

P1424_22-06-11.jpg

Thats right! brand spanking new starlites from the dealer, i know what your thinking theres only 3 the 4th is comming on friday thanks to Dale :D