George - The GTi

EnglandSoul

How much have you been quoted for the respray dude? How much did your misses one cost? Thanks!

P.s I reckon some Cambridge lights would look pretty cool on that lovely back end!

Haven't got a qoute yet but my missus had a full respray plus other bits sorting out and came to 2k in total. I was going to get Cambridge lights but think for now I'll leave it until I get everything else sorted out. Got my mot next month which I think is going to be expensive!

You're making some nice progress on George, definitely looks better with all that sticker bombing stuff off the tow eye covers. I'd get a sharan rear VW badge and colour code it white so the VW looks like its floating.

If you want some Cambridge lights, give me a shout, I can do the same for you as I did for Jeni. I think on a white car they will look awesome!

I've decided I want to respray mine but keep it OEM, just got to save up loads! Now its not my daily, I want to try and restore or mod little bits at a time, but having the Up! I will need to mod that too!

Cheers mate definitely looks better without the sticky bomb on. Thats actually not a bad shout about the VW badge i may do that!

Yea Jen was well chuffed with the lights will definitely give you a shout if i decide to get them.

Yea saving up seems to take forever lol. You done any mods on the UP! so far or is it still standard?

Not done a lot to the Up! yet as its still in warranty, but soon as that is done, coilovers and different alloys (tho I said the same with the Lupo and it took me another 6 years after the warranty ran out to get coilovers!!!) I've only debadged the rear and changed some bulbs for LED's so far, got a few things planned when funds allow!

2K is a good price man! Well considering the prices I've been quoted, obviously mine needs a lot of Tlc before the spray would happen!

Yea i thought it was a good price considering everything they done, They said it was one of their favourite resprays and fell in love with the lupo lol.

Not done a lot to the Up! yet as its still in warranty, but soon as that is done, coilovers and different alloys (tho I said the same with the Lupo and it took me another 6 years after the warranty ran out to get coilovers!!!) I've only debadged the rear and changed some bulbs for LED's so far, got a few things planned when funds allow!

Seems sensible while its still got warranty gives you time to save :)

Been told that there are no aftermarket cats for the Lupo gti standard exhaust so need to get a new exhaust system so going either janspeed or kam racing once i have the funds that is haha.

Only one I've ever heard of is the Kam Racing one the guy sells on here with the manifold, but is about £1200! I had this issue when work broke my cat, searched everywhere for an aftermarket and nobody makes one, so had to go OEM. Even staff rate was £500!

Yea I was looking at the vids and stuff of the kam racing one and it sounds decent. My missus has the janspeed and sounds amazing but don't want to copy her that's why I been looking at the kam racing. Hmmm £1200 might be a while till I can get that then lol. Not sure what to do in the mean time as my mot is due next month and not sure my current cat will pass :/

Borrow?

Gotta pay back my credit card first as had to use it for wedding! After that I can start saving. Will just have to keep everything crossed for my mot next month and hope the cat passes. Been looking at the redex stuff as it says about helping cleaning the engine and emissions what do you guys think worth using before the mot or not?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been a while since i updated not really done much just been mainly cleaning the car passing the MOT and taxing. Today though after a very long week wait the lights finally arrived so fitted them right away :)

IMG_4696_zps734d8568.jpg

• 2 months later...

Havent updated in a while and for good reason. Kinda bought another GTi.....

Heres a few pics. Only thing ive added is the number plate surrounds.

IMG_5036_zpsd70242bb.jpg

IMG_5037_zps9ece2e4c.jpg

IMG_5038_zps0881754f.jpg

IMG_5040_zpsced4770d.jpg

IMG_5047_zps62ef8717.jpg

IMG_5048_zps6a858a4f.jpg