Heater Blowing Water

maxw

Hi,

I've just driven to work this morning and the heater wasn't clearing my windscreen, and then i noticed a little bit of water coming out of the vent and the screen wasn't clearing because there was too much moisture.

Also there was a small bit of water down on the passeneger matt, but i felt above it and couldn't see where it had come from?

what could this be? I'm fearing that its the heater matrix as I'm told that thats a huge job!

Thanks,

Max

It sounds like the drain hole is blocked on the passenger side. What you need to is.

1. open the bonnet.

2. Unscrew the cover near the wiper arm

3. Have a feel near the wing and remove any gunk that maybee blocking the drainage hole.

This should clear your problem.

It sounds like the drain hole is blocked on the passenger side. What you need to is.

1. open the bonnet.

2. Unscrew the cover near the wiper arm

3. Have a feel near the wing and remove any gunk that maybee blocking the drainage hole.

This should clear your problem.

Okay I'll try that later! hopefully it will work, I'll let you know if it does,

where abouts does it drain to usually? & is it obvious to spot?

Also, will I need to dry out the heater or something? as I'm guessing water has got into it?

Edited by maxw

Okay I'll try that later! hopefully it will work, I'll let you know if it does,

where abouts does it drain to usually? & is it obvious to spot?

Also, will I need to dry out the heater or something? as I'm guessing water has got into it?

It usually drains to the lowest point on the passenger side. This can sometimes get blocked with leaves etc.

To dry the carpet i got some vanish carpert cleaner with a hoover although if you wnat the best results use a wetvac or a vax carpet cleaner etc. (will be a little wet but will clean deep dirt)

im having the same problem! just got back took my car out for 10 mins and my passenger side was completely soaked with a pool of water, and when im driving theres just a sloshing sound coming from the passenger side too, so im going to assume mine is blocked, i need to try and clear it out and hopefully it fixes the problem

yeah i checked the other side too but didnt seem to find any blockage on that side but there was a **** load of the passenger side so ive cleared all of that out and took it for a little spin and what not and it all seems fine now, now just to wait for the carpet to dry out

okay after looking a bit further and prodding around the drivers side drain, i came across alot more blockage than the passengers side even though it was the passenger side that had let all the water through, so anyone with this problem i'd advise to check both sides! thanks for mentioning though georgen i probably wouldn't of found it if you hadn't of mentioned to check that side too!

I have the same problem but my drainage holes are clear think my water is getting in under the pollen filter housing,where it sits on the bulkead, there is only a foam seal there but it is part of the plastic housing so have got one on order hope this solves the problem, very annoying not what expect from VW !!

I've cleared the passenger side out and that's solved the problem, but I'm not sure how to get at the drivers side one?

It's a bad design, but quite lucky that it goes into the heater otherwise the ECU would have got drowned!

Getting a wet vac on the carpet tonight I think!

It's all sorted now, I'm going to try and do the drivers side today.

I hoovered all the wet carpet (with a wet vac) to make it as dry as possible but theres still a bit of moisture in the car. Has anyone got any tips to get this out? I heard to put a bag of rice in the car or something? has anyone else heard that? cheers