Leaking Boot

Altern8

Usually not an actual leak from outside, but the tubing for the rear wash/wipe has popped off or split, so when you try and squirt the rear screen it ends up weeing into the tailgate, all over the locking mechanism.

Worth fixing, as it can cause the alarm to go off.

• 7 months later...
i finally had a chance to look and its split can we just get new plastic hose or use sumit like gav said smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you dont want to pay VW prices then go to your local pet shop and get some air hose that is used in fish tanks!

If you dont want to pay VW prices then go to your local pet shop and get some air hose that is used in fish tanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i had this poblem with my Lupo 12 mnths back!! glad to see i'm not the only ****** who had this problem!! Sigh of relief! Not a sign of it on the Seat though......not saying anything. DOH!!

Has anyone else got a leaking boot its only by the lock but its inside on the plastic its started flashing that my boot is open but its not  :shock:

anyone else have it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lynsey's boot seems to be leaking at the moment...

i'll happen take my torx driver with me on sunday and have an attempt at repairing it their n then.

and recently my boot light was playing up saying that the boot was open

when it was indeed closed....

Edited by nfbr

I am on my fourth rear wiper motor/washer assembly, fourth boot locking assembly and fourth alarm switch/boot open switch. All under warranty for the same problem.

All they need to do is fit the Audi style washer that rotates with the wiper spindle so the washer tube (which is staic on the VW system) doesnt grab in the centre of the wiper spindle and break like the VW one does! confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

• 3 years later...

Found this problem on the car today - the alarm started going off when I locked it, and the dash display said the boot was open when it was definately locked. Took the plastic off and had a look - its the actual piece that connects right into the washer area, not any of the piping. I've disconnected it so that it doesnt think its open and so the alarm wont go off. Only thing is, what needs replaced? Hopefully the wiring will dry out OK.

Cheers

Lauryn