A8 of boom.

BenLAST

• 2 weeks later...

Quick tyre question for anyone.

When i get the wheels refurbed, i'm going to need new tyres on the rears. I'm running 175/50's all round, fronts are fine, but the rears scrape quite a bit, manily coming on and off my drive. How would 165/55's sit? More stretch obviously, but will that reduce/get rid of the scraping with the larger profile? Think it'll look pretty wierd with 175's on 7s up front, and 165's on 8's rear, but o well.

Can you Does anyone know if you can get 165's for 13's in 50 or lower profile? Just realised the 55 profile is more likely to catch, and make it look as if it has less stretch.

Lowest profile 165 for 13's is a 55.

The 55 is a percentage, so it's about the same size sidewall as a 175/50.

175/50's are massive compared to 165/55's, IMO. Would think it would solve your scrubbing problem.

Would ask little rich mate, i'm still yet to find out!

Cars off the road as of Sunday. Will be dropping the Tombstones off to Icegeezer for some of his handy work, and the interior will start pouring out!

No doubt there will be pics of my troubles. Will be going to the Coventry cruise with a dash, a wheel and two seats. O, and the box.

They're necessary when i can't get to my works car park because the car is too low. If the car will be getting an over-haul, the last thing i want is a cracked gearbox, scrapped and battered sills, and an exhaust hanging off. So in my eyes, they are necessary.

Another question about Dynomat.

Would this be of similar quality? Only asking as its a darn sight cheaper!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOUND-DEADENING-proofing-extreme-car-cheap-dynamat-BULK_W0QQitemZ260520485684QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item3ca83b2334

Tbh thats stuff wont be very good, as they usually end up falling of and a pain to mould the stuff. And wont really help with vibrationa alot

The best cheap stuff thats gonne be good to work with and actually improve sound and reduce vibrations is Max mat stuff

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/max-mat-pro-bulk.html

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/6538.html

Alot cheaper than dynamat and all the good audioplaces an peeps use it

Ben the et on the mattigs is something like 3 up front? and 10 rear? It says on the wheels!

Where would you mount the air tank then?

I have used that maxmat on mine, really easy to apply and seems like good stuff, i also used that "bassboy" 4mm deadening off talk audio, ment to be the business, but its quite hard to apply, 30 quid a sheet, i have half a sheet left ben if you want it for 15 quid? :)

Interior sounds cool!

Rich.

Ahh the tank will fit someone. The roof?

Gunna order the bulk buy of the Maxmat so don't think i'd need anymore!

And the wheels, if they are on their, i will hit myself so hard on the forehead, spent ages looking!